General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know the Bean Blossom Bikefest? (IN)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 07:14 PM
GoofySB
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

We went last year for the first time and I doubt we will go back this year.

We did meet some great people and partied with them all week and the roads around the area are great compared to home, but…

We arrived the first day and the few decent spots for a tent were gone. Had our choice of pine needles or dirt/sand.

Grassy spots are reserved for RV’s and there were a lot of them. Wondered if I was at a bike rally or RV camp.

A couple bands on Friday or Saturday were decent, before that, the music was a disappointment.

The place is small and people ride around it in a circle. Takes a minute or two to do a lap depending on traffic. One guy dressed like Kidd Rock rode a mini bike around all day and night. Must have seen him a hundred times or more. Kinda boring.

The place is dusty from traffic on the circle and the camping in dirt. Have never gotten dust and dirt everywhere like we did that week.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,081 Likes on 1,514 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey2274
I've had a lot of friends go. I've never personally been. Heard some good stories. Afraid the wife might not think it is as much of a good time as I would!
must be lots of (∙)(∙) there.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:29 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

went about 13 years ago, had a blast....roads around there are awesome for riding

Old 07-17-2014, 11:14 PM
beckysdlx
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My uncle has went the last few years and had a blast so we are all going this year.. Can't wait!

Old 07-23-2014, 09:13 PM
GoofySB
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

There are quite a few videos on Youtube for Bikefest. Didn't see myself in ones I watched, but did see part of our campsite

Old 07-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I work parking every year, it is a great party , it is a little crowded, but that is because there is a legal hold on the overflow.
They are trying to expand the grounds, and make it much bigger.
This rally is fun, and you will meet great people there.
Wed to Sunday is $60.00 per person , and it includes tent camping. September 4-7th is the dates.
This rally is one that I wouldn't miss even if I didn't work it, the camp grounds have some Awesome shaded areas , and is beautiful.
The surrounding area is a blast to ride if you like remote feeling twisty roads surrounded by trees, and farms.
If you want choice camping, I would suggest getting there Thursday, or even Wednesday, or if you have an RV book that spot now, and you might get one, you will not get one if you don't reserve it.

Last edited by Bill03E; 07-23-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member

Have you decided to go or not?

Old 09-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Amish gone bad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill03E
Have you decided to go or not?
Guess I should have said something before this. We did go but due to time constraints and the weather we did the car thing. You parking guys, the security, the shuttles, all the gals at registration and everyone else on staff were fantastic! For your full-blown "fest" type events that may be my new benchmark for judging all the others. 90% of the folks were probably drunk in one form or another but that was the out-and-out friendliest and happiest group of inebriates I've ever seen. My wife isn't nearly as into that kind of scene and even she had fun -- partly sitting and reading and being left alone. And partly trying to figure out where the guy with the Christmas lights around his junk was hiding the battery pack. (I don't want to know)

I just wish I would have had more time and my scoot with you. Hosts and guests sort of reflect each other. Get a bunch of douchebags planning and guess who shows up? That you get such a quality crowd speaks tons. Hats off to everyone.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member

I am glad you liked it. Every one I talk to that goes says it is their favorite rally, and lots of those people go to rallies like sturgis, the smoke out , and Chillicothe's easy rider show.
Did you happen to see the girl buck naked riding on the front of a golf cart that was pouring beer down her front then putting the bottle in her?

Old 09-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Amish gone bad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No but if I wasn't married and was about 40 years younger I would happily fall in lust with the young lady who was riding her Sportie around Friday in the pink bikini and tutu lace frill. Not only was she really hot but she handled that scoot like a real pro. The one hill would get a little slick after the water truck passed and some of the guys would sit it out at the bottom. She just kept her feet on the pegs, powered it up, and rode the slide up and over. I was impressed.

Wish I had snapped a shot of the sign "Clothing must be worn beyond this point".

Quick Reply: Anyone know the Bean Blossom Bikefest? (IN)