Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Why I need to buy a vest or Harley t-shirt (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/982744-why-i-need-to-buy-a-vest-or-harley-t-shirt.html)

Uncle G. 07-10-2014 02:58 PM

I've been buying parts and accessories at the same dealer for 26 years. Everybody there knows me on sight. They also know that I'll bring them a list of part numbers, so they don't have to look them up in the parts book (I have my own copy).

I stopped buying Harley shirts some years back. I'd like some, but not at $35. Plain black Hanes T-shirts for $4 serve the purpose.

inswva 07-10-2014 03:09 PM

*sigh*... since I've been day drinking, I'm going to be a dick.

You obviously took exception to the fact that the pirate HD crew, wearing their preferred costume, received preferential service. However, you made sure we all know you were wearing North Face and Patagonia gear.

So, brand whores are brand whores. Why make it an issue? I own exactly *zero* HD branded clothing items and I'm damn sure not going to acquiesce to those who do.

The same would hold true if I were in an outdoor outfitters store wearing the full HD outfit. I wouldn't let some Marmot-Mountainsmith-Merrell clad guy shit on my day. That's on you, bro.

hardheaded 07-10-2014 03:11 PM

you don't have to buy any t-shirts or for that matter parts from HD. have'nt bought a HD t- shirt in quit a few years as most of them are goofy looking now days. i much prefer indy shirts.

AnotherBlackSG 07-10-2014 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by inswva (Post 12971240)
*sigh*... since I've been day drinking, I'm going to be a dick.

I own exactly *zero* HD branded clothing items and I'm damn sure not going to acquiesce to those who do.

I gotta say, I'm just impressed that a drunken dick would so eloquently use such a word. Nicely done! :icon_imnotworthy:

keith_stepp 07-10-2014 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by patrickd (Post 12970946)
You stood in line and allowed the clerks to serve the people who came in after you? K.

Polite as f.ck.

Harley_Dude 07-10-2014 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Thumper09 (Post 12971113)
When I go to the dealer, I just show some cleavage and have no problem getting waited on. Oh wait, that's my girlfriend's tactic :)

Please show examples.

:icon_worthless:

Coloradohunter 07-10-2014 03:30 PM

My preferred dealer is very close to my work so I often go in wearing work clothes (dockers and a polo shirt).

They recognize me as one of the in crowd because of my HD watch. Then when I go to pay for stuff, the HD wallet & HD Visa card verify I'm the real deal.

:D

inswva 07-10-2014 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG (Post 12971284)
I gotta say, I'm just impressed that a drunken dick would so eloquently use such a word. Nicely done! :icon_imnotworthy:

I'm only 500ml deep. My vocabulary will surely degenerate in the next few hours.

Wife and kids are at the in-laws' lake house, giving me free reign to imbibe and insult on the intarwebs. I'll likely regret most of this evening's posts tomorrow.

FredAndrews 07-10-2014 03:56 PM

I wear a suit usually and seem to get exceptional service.

keith_stepp 07-10-2014 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Thumper09 (Post 12971113)
When I go to the dealer, I just show some cleavage and have no problem getting waited on. Oh wait, that's my girlfriend's tactic :)

I used to wear really tight white t-shirts, which used to get me some attention. But, not the kind I was hoping for.