General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson LED turn/run brake lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 05:03 AM
Trapperwny
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know about the Custom Dynamics and the Bright *** lights but I was wondering about the the LEDs from Harley

Old 07-22-2014, 08:33 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I replaced all the lights on my Heritage with LED's from HD. They are very bright and look nice as well. I have had LED's on my last 4 bikes. Never had a issue with them. Glad that Harley started making them standard on the Limited's.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:17 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,072 Likes on 2,556 Posts

LEDs from Harley...$$$
LEDs from Custom Dynamics...$

Old 07-22-2014, 09:22 AM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,515 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
LEDs from Harley...$$$
LEDs from Custom Dynamics...$
Yea, that. I've got CD LED's, BAL-1 and harley R/T/B module. Works great and bright as the sun. Set the BAL to double flash then constant. At a stop as a cage approaches, release and reapply brake; really gets their attention but I still watch them until I see they slow way down.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:28 AM
aaa1988
Road Master
Received 577 Likes on 293 Posts

Custom Dynamics is the way to go. Excellent products great warranties and very helpful customer service.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:32 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Trapperwny
I was hit from behind about 3 weeks ago. I'm now getting the Heritage repaired by his insurance company. The question is ... I'm replacing all the rear lights with HD LEDs and the brake run turn module. wondering if anyone has a review of them on their bike or a friends. The master mechanic at the dealership said that they are very bright and I'll get noticed. I plan on installing the BAL-1 tail light. After getting rear ended I'm very nervous about being seen!!!
I have the BAL, LED turn signals, and plasma rods (all from Custom Dynamics) on the rear of my SG, which makes it VERY visible from behind. HOWEVER, as visible as you are, there are still going to be people who don't see you. Staying is 1st gear and keeping an eye on your rear view mirrors is what will help keep you safe.

As for HD LED's, other than price, I can't see them being any better or different than less expensive ones from Custom Dynamics.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:28 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
I replaced all the lights on my Heritage with LED's from HD. They are very bright and look nice as well. I have had LED's on my last 4 bikes. Never had a issue with them. Glad that Harley started making them standard on the Limited's.
I don't think he Moco is equipping Limiteds with LED turn signals yet, and I'm not sure if they're offered in the catalog yet unless I'm mistaken.

My new CVO came with old school turn signals which I promptly swapped out with CDs. It did have LED running lamps, head light and tail light though as well as all lights on the tour pak.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:51 PM
Trapperwny
Advanced

I'm adding the HD LEDs because its an upgrade to the insurance that is paying for all the damages to the rear of my 09 Heritage. Its costing a lot less than buying the whole CD kit for the back of the bike. Like I said I know that CD and Bad *** have a great product I was wondering about how the HD LEDs compared to them.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:59 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

All this is fine IF the driver is not looking down at their cell phone or otherwise distracted when approaching a stop. Usually rear enders are not because they didn't see us like left turners. it's because they are not looking up at all. They would go through the red light if we were not there anyway..They would hit the car if we were not there.

This happens more frequently in traffic because the drivers get lulled into doing other things because traffic is barely moving

Old 07-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Trapperwny
Advanced

All I know is that I want to be seen!!!! Cant fix stupid! Every time I stop and really think about the accident I start shaking again. I need to hurry up and climb back on the horse or should I say HOG. Its probably going to take time to build up my confidence again.

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson LED turn/run brake lights