General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SpitFire Customs RIPOFF

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 07:41 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,420 Likes on 2,225 Posts

Not to be disrespectful and hopefully you'll stick around.. But you will see no one here wants to hear a newbie bitch and moan about a vendor as the 1st post. Theres no cred...

Old 08-12-2014, 07:52 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by ilikeharleys
Guys, I know I know it sounds whiney, and yes I did just join to make this post, but hear me out. I love riding, and I love customizing anything. I do NOT like dealing with poor customer service, especially when I just paid $600 and even bought one of their shirts!

I'm not new to this forum, I just havent posted anything here. working on that.

Ive called them every day several times for weeks. If theyre taking their time and doing a good job, thats fine. Let me know though! Answer the phone? Am I the only one who would be aggravated by this?

Bought with paypal, its being disputed. I would rather have my pipes though...

You may be the one out of the ordinary, but I hope you see our point.

No offense but we see this regularly.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:06 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Regardless of when the OP joined or posted, it sounds like a legitimate gripe. The main thing that separates great vendors from average or bad vendors is customer service and setting the expectations of their customers.

I agree that a lot of the small to medium sized vendors virtually close up during Sturgis. If so, great, but put a message on your website, an auto reply on your email, and a message on your voicemail letting your customers know that. Also, how long does it take to check messages every day and respond to your customers?

Hopefully this will work out for him.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:05 AM
ChopperBill
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,985 Likes on 1,209 Posts

No one else ever had this problem? Had a vender called Cost Captain do the same thing and all of a sudden their web site was always "under construction". Called Visa and while I was on hold they tried to call them. No answer or message machine. Visa stopped payment. Now there is nothing but complaints about this company when you Google it. Wish someone would have posted about them before I had to go through that ****.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:51 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

NEVER USE PAYPAL unless you are paying for a low cost item. PayPal is another layer of PIA to deal with. Use a credit card every time even if you go to your Bank and transfer the money at the same time. Credit Cards are easily disputed.

I have my checking at the same place as my Credit cards so I can always use the card (get the rewards) and then transfer the funds to pay for the purchase. Disputes are easy and they put the money in your account quickly THEN investigate.

PayPal is not worth the effort. Only ise it on Ebay and even then i switch payment to credit card not checking withdrawal