General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Old Road Zepplin seats are TOUGH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 10:05 AM
Harley Joe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Old Road Zepplin seats are TOUGH!!!

Hurricane Matthew in Oct. 2016 flooded my home and garage with almost 5 feet of muddy Neuse River water. My Road Zepplin seat was stored too low and I guess it floated around for several days in the garage. I salvaged almost all my electrical and pneumatic tools, so it could have been worse. I never considered seeing if the old seat would work -- until yesterday. It didn't.Not even a hum from the air compressor. I bought the used seat about half worn out for my 2007 EG in 2008 and rode it a many a mile and just simply got tired of it. It has served me well, so no big loss.

I decided to "see what makes it work" and finally got the compressor out. Power was going to the compressor, but no go. I took it loose and took what I could apart and it looked like new on the inside. So then I got mo'careful. I rigged up a hot and ground wire and stuck it to a hot battery and I felt the compressor move a bit. I kept touching the hot wire off and on and in about 30 seconds the compressor broke free and ran fine.

I put the seat back together and got it cleaned and reconditioned....and back on the bike. So far it holds air pressure and works like it always did. And I was gonna use that old seat for a wall decoration.

Wonder if I "voided" the warranty.