General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.
View Poll Results: Who makes the best all-around seats
H-D
7.74%
Corbin
18.06%
Danny Gray
1.94%
Mustang
32.90%
Russell
10.32%
Ultimate
6.45%
Le Pera
9.03%
C&C
8.39%
Saddlemen
3.23%
Other
5.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

who makes the best all around seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 08:15 PM
Old Iron Man
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Bafflingbs
This is exactly what I ordered. Wish me luck!

that is the exact seat I am considering for my SGS. I only need a true solo, but when I use the detachable backrest and seat back so I can add some luggage, I feel like the back rest would look stupid without something on the fender resembling a pillion of some kind, so that fastback cafe style is perfect. Really looking forward to your review.

The following users liked this post:
Bafflingbs (08-22-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 01:48 AM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Iron Man

that is the exact seat I am considering for my SGS. I only need a true solo, but when I use the detachable backrest and seat back so I can add some luggage, I feel like the back rest would look stupid without something on the fender resembling a pillion of some kind, so that fastback cafe style is perfect. Really looking forward to your review.

Honestly, if it only gets better as I break it in, I’m battin’ a thousand. It cradles your butt, rather than just hold it. If that makes sense? I mean to say, it contours to you, and not the other way around. If I were to nit pick, I’d say it’s heavy. At least two to three times heavier than my stocker. But some, including me, would argue that it’s heavier because of denser foam and quality seat pan. I’ve also noticed an increase in jarring bumps, even with the rubber footies. But I want to chalk that up to not being broke in yet. I want to point out though, that I had MCC, add two layers of memory foam, and it was broken in. I feel slightly higher, and my feet don’t sit flat on the ground anymore, as apposed to my MCC stock seat, which I had narrowed. This is a long distance touring seat, pure and simple. The craftsmanship beats Mustang, and that’s really saying something. The leather seating area, prevents sliding around so much.
Oh, and I’ve failed to mention, it’s not nearly as wide as the picture elude to. It only 15.5” at the drivers seat, so it really maintains that sleek look we all like about the SGS.

Last edited by Bafflingbs; 08-22-2018 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:54 AM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Bump! Please vote!

Old 10-19-2019, 03:42 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

I bought a new seat today. While I like my Corbin, and my Mean City Cycles stocker, my wife liked neither. Some might see that as a blessing, but I want my wife to ride with me. The Corbin was too hard and too wide for her, and the MCC modified seat didn’t give enough support. Enter the Goldie-locks seat. A Harley CVO seat (a real one). I’ll be damned! She likes it! I have to change my vote the Harley. Corbin is good, but not as comfortable out of the box, as this one.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:45 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

At 6"4" I'm a Le Pera guy. Demoed a HD Tall boy but did like the increase in height and thought it was fugly. I own a Villian DLL for short hops and a Maverick DLL for longer rides. My wrench told me LePera seats are hard as a brick, he hates them. I like a firm seat and appreciate they offer a Daddy Long Legs model in a number of different styles that move you down and back...MY prior bike was a hard tail so a wrapped brick is all good to me.

Bafflingbs (10-22-2019)
Old 10-24-2019, 10:08 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,565 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Enter the Goldie-locks seat. A Harley CVO seat (a real one). I’ll be damned! She likes it! I have to change my vote the Harley.
While at the Sturgis rally this year, I stopped by the HD event headquarters at the Pappy Hoel Campground to test ride a few different motorcycles. One of the bikes I took a test ride on was the CVO limited. I immediately noticed how comfortable the seat was. The seat seemed way more comfortable than the Mustang Plain One-Piece Heated Touring Seat (#79646) I recently installed on my bike.

Bafflingbs (10-25-2019)
Old 01-27-2020, 10:33 AM
Harleylife1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 626 Likes on 511 Posts
Default lE pERA

I have always gone withe Le Pera for my seats. Love the look and comfort and they have great people that work there! Highly Recommended !

Bafflingbs (12-01-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 02:33 PM
BAlkire
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My previous ride had a Corbin Gunfighter. Tried a Danny Gray Airhawk seat on my 20 RGS. Seat itself is comfortable, but at 6'5 and 3 bills, felt like I was sitting on the tank. Trying a HD Tallboy and like the fit, but considering an MCC mod.

Bafflingbs (12-01-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 06:41 AM
16Slim
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm 6'2 200 and use an Ultimate long legs solo w/back rest on my 18 Road Glide...Also have the boards out 3/4inch and long shift lever at rear...Kuryakyn extended brake arm....

Bafflingbs (12-01-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 12:29 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,492 Likes on 2,483 Posts

Their quality is second to none, I know. But their styling, and actual comfort is what kills it for me.

thank you! This is the kind of feedback I was looking for. The Le Pera Maverick was my second choice.
don't know who makes the best seats, but Le Pera certainly makes the best looking seats. And they seem to be very well made.

Bafflingbs (12-01-2020)

Quick Reply: who makes the best all around seats