General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

What to get the man who has... an island: Michael Schumacher's custom Harley ret

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:30 PM
assdon
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to get the man who has... an island: Michael Schumacher's custom Harley ret

The crown prince of Dubai has already pledged to give ex-F1 racer Michael Schumacher his own man-made island called "The World", so what other man-made gift can top that as a retirement present The Ferrari Clienti, a group of folks who buy and race classic and late model Ferrari competition cars, doesn't count any crown princes among its members, but it did manage to scrape up enough coin to commission for Schumacher his very own custom built Harley Davidson. The appropriately colored motor bike was given to Schumacher at a Clienti event at Monza and will join the 7-time World Champion's bike collection that spans multiple continents and already includes a few Harleys. We're not very well versed in two-wheel culture, so lacking any concrete info we can't tell you much more about the bike, though any readers who can shed more light on the custom creation are welcome to in the comments.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:21 PM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I have always wanted to go to Dubai. It is very beautiful there.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Simon UK
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO the Ferrari Clienti should have auctioned the bike for charity, not given it to some extremely wealthy guy who could afford to commission his own platinum-plated version if he chose to.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:40 AM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon UK
IMHO the Ferrari Clienti should have auctioned the bike for charity, not given it to some extremely wealthy guy who could afford to commission his own platinum-plated version if he chose to.
OK, you won the "Most P.C. Comment" award! Bend over so they can reward ya!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Amy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is this seadvd crap?

Old 01-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 705 Likes on 338 Posts

M.S. is a real rider, and has travelled on a HD in the States many times, staying at small motels. (as I read in his bio on F1) I always hoped I would meet him on one of those trips. Last I heard he had 9 HD's in the stable, most given to him by HD or Ferrarri.