Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

*UPDATED* 2nd Annual HDForums Midwest Rally-Effingham, IL

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts
Default *UPDATED* 2nd Annual HDForums Midwest Rally-Effingham, IL

[align=center]*Update*[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Motel Rooms[/align][align=left]The rooms at the Effingham Holiday Inn Express are $69.00 each for regular rooms. Suites are available for a little more (call for prices). When you call, tell them you are with HDForums.com. The number for the Holiday Inn Express is (217) 540-1111 or Toll Free (888) 232-2525[/align]
We have been talking about having another get together here in the Midwest where members could have a good timemeeting each other and party down. There are a lot of us from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri and other areas that could make this another success.

June 16th, 2007: Legacy Harley Davidson (Effingham,IL) is having it's2nd Anniversary party. There will be food and entertainment and if it's anything like the Grand Opening Party and last year's first anniversy, it will be a blast. We can all meet there, enjoy the festivities and then go for a ride or whatever else we want to do. I'm friends with the owners so they may let us have our own little area.

Effingham is located where I-70 crosses I-57 in Central Illinois. It's about 1 hr from Terre Haute and less than 2 hrs from St. Louis. Probably around 3-3 1/2 hrs from Chicago.

Here is a Link to Legacy Harley Davidson which also has a map in the Dealer Info Area: CLICK HERE The Legacy page will be updated soon with a list of everything planned for the event. So far they have Bubba Blackwell performing Motorcycle Stunts. There will also be a nationally known band performing. Keep an eye out for updates.

Room Information:

Holiday Inn Express, Effingham, IL

Starting May 16th you will be able to call the Holiday Inn at 217-540-1111 to reserve a room for the 15th or 16th of June. If you come in on Friday I'm sure we will find something to do.

Remember, the motel has a pool and we will have a really nice little party Saturday night after the rally so we can all relax, swim a little and have a few brews (tequila optional).

Here Es A Schedule Of Event For The Day Of The Rally

Old 05-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: *UPDATED* 2nd Annual HDForums Midwest Rally-Effingham, IL

I've posted a schedule of events at the Harley Dealership for the day of our rally.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Sec Super Glide
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not know If I can get the boys from here in time to go if I can I will. Here is the true story of that dealership. Myself and three other riders were on our way to Little Stugris one bike had an electrial problem a Polaris Victory (go figure) so we got it back running but the rider Dave did not feel confident with the bike so Effingham Harley Davidson we go to rent a bike for the rest of the trip and return it on our way back.News flash toto we are not in Millwukee any more. This dealer said they had no call to rent bikes we under stood .Being thenicest HarlypeopleI have metthey did rent us a used bager for the rest of our trip at a reasonable price also. So you all are hearing from a bunch of now all Harly owners that will never forget that dealer.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:22 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I think this event has already passed...

Old 07-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't you know them bagers can time travul?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Sec Super Glide
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did figure we missed it oops.