Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Hudson WI / Ellsworth WI / Prescott WI / Stillwater MN Meet-n-Greet

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 12:43 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,617 Likes on 5,177 Posts

I may need that darn HD snow plow attachment come May 22nd. one way or another the RGU is heading south then east. Never missed a year I was state side yet not planning to now.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:19 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 836 Posts

Prob looking at the 19th here.....

Old 04-20-2018, 10:40 AM
DannyB
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F150HD
Prob looking at the 19th here.....
Agree. Maybe we should put the stake in the ground as far as the date and start looking at meet-up places, a ride route, and lunch stop.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:21 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by DannyB
Agree. Maybe we should put the stake in the ground as far as the date and start looking at meet-up places, a ride route, and lunch stop.
Sure, 19th sounds like a good plan w/ the way things are so far this Spring.

was kinda waiting to see who was interested and where they're from before selecting the meet spot? to find kinda a 'center'.

To keep the border theme, leaned at Prescott, WI. We all know where it is. Patio at the No Name is easy...and outside. Maybe 11AM? or noon? (folks traveling more distance may appreciate a bit later meet time)

Then if we do do a little ride, we could do WI roads....or just do a simple river run to the classic stops (keeps it simple) I route on a Garmin so could make a route.

Advised, I don't do 80MPH rides. Been there done it.....I have the skills, but its not what I enjoy...

what do ya think

Old 04-22-2018, 07:49 AM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member

Anyway....how does this plan sound for a meet and greet? (central location on the 'border')

No-Name Saloon & Monkey Bar in Prescott, WI on May 19th at 11AM

?

https://www.facebook.com/NNSMB/

(I suggest later morning as someone coming from a little distance away would then have travel time in the AM to get there)

Can BS a bit, ride somewhere for lunch or whatnot. Wouldn't have an issue popping on a longer dayride if folks interested that day. Can discuss on site too.

By meet-n-greet, this wasn't planned as a formal overnighter though have no issue extending to that in future gatherings.

Let me know what ya think. At rate we're going May 5 won't be green (trees etc)....hopefully later May we'll be beyond the snow.

Last edited by F150HD; 04-22-2018 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:07 PM
EggDropX
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I’d be interested if it fits within my schedule. I’m in Poland/Russia May 2-9 and Orlando May 15-20. I’ll keep watching to see if the date moves.

Last edited by EggDropX; 04-22-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:21 PM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Originally Posted by F150HD
Anyway....how does this plan sound for a meet and greet? (central location on the 'border')

No-Name Saloon & Monkey Bar in Prescott, WI on May 19th at 11AM

(I suggest later morning as someone coming from a little distance away would then have travel time in the AM to get there)

Can BS a bit, ride somewhere for lunch or whatnot. Wouldn't have an issue popping on a longer dayride if folks interested that day. Can discuss on site too.

By meet-n-greet, this wasn't planned as a formal overnighter though have no issue extending to that in future gatherings.

Let me know what ya think. At rate we're going May 5 won't be green (trees etc)....hopefully later May we'll be beyond the snow.
Lunch, depending on what time you leave No-Name, cross the river at Wabasha, enjoy the riverside outdoor tables at Slippery's, or keep going down to Winona, lot of places there. Roads are more fun, way more scenic south from Prescott. I'll keep an eye on how this develops, be nice to put some names to faces. I live about 20-25 minutes west of Prescott, easy ride there for me.

Probably going to be a lot of bikes in front of No-Name that day, same for Muddy Waters on the riverside of the street. Muddy has a large bike parking area in back, bigger place, but probably will have a lot of people there.

Ever stop at the Nauti Hawg about 15 minutes south of Prescott, at Diamond Bluff? I've never seen that place when it wasn't really crowded. Warm weekends, the bikes can outnumber the cars on 35 along that stretch of the river. I don't go over 80 on that road, either. Usually between 75 and 80...

Old 04-22-2018, 08:11 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Imold
Lunch, depending on what time you leave No-Name, cross the river at Wabasha, enjoy the riverside outdoor tables at Slippery's, or keep going down to Winona, lot of places there. Roads are more fun, way more scenic south from Prescott. I'll keep an eye on how this develops, be nice to put some names to faces. I live about 20-25 minutes west of Prescott, easy ride there for me.

Probably going to be a lot of bikes in front of No-Name that day, same for Muddy Waters on the riverside of the street. Muddy has a large bike parking area in back, bigger place, but probably will have a lot of people there.

Ever stop at the Nauti Hawg about 15 minutes south of Prescott, at Diamond Bluff? I've never seen that place when it wasn't really crowded. Warm weekends, the bikes can outnumber the cars on 35 along that stretch of the river. I don't go over 80 on that road, either. Usually between 75 and 80...
have ridden south from there hundreds of times! definitely nice roads south.... where we go depends who shows up and what folks might want! I have a few ideas and will have routes loaded in GPS ready to go.

NHawg - I still refer to it as the Gem....thats what it will always be to me.

I'll be wearing this exact hat (pic below)- should make me easy to find, and will grab a table in the Monkey Bar or out in the outside patio area where I'm more visible.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:04 PM
DannyB
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm only an hour from Prescott and could certainly be there mid-morning if someone wanted to hook up for a cup o' joe.

I remember the Gem from past Spring Flood Runs. Having Marv Jorgenson and his posse of about 6-8 roll past on their Boss Hosses, painting darkies on the street, is always a treat. Love the sound of them V8's.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:31 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by DannyB
I'm only an hour from Prescott and could certainly be there mid-morning if someone wanted to hook up for a cup o' joe.

I remember the Gem from past Spring Flood Runs. Having Marv Jorgenson and his posse of about 6-8 roll past on their Boss Hosses, painting darkies on the street, is always a treat. Love the sound of them V8's.
sounds like you're in.

Quick Reply: Hudson WI / Ellsworth WI / Prescott WI / Stillwater MN Meet-n-Greet