Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Pulling a trailer behind your motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 04:17 PM
vulhalla
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pulling a trailer behind your motorcycle

I mean it will pay for itself the first two "vacations" you go on

Old 12-09-2005, 12:41 AM
Lpye
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I travelled across country last year pulled a trailer for 7500 miles over 3 weeks. No problems at all. You have to balance the trailer a little tongue heavy for it to pull good at higher speeds. There were two bike with two of us on each bike. We camped and spent a few nights in hotels. Had plenty of room. Sure beat rying to fit every thing in the bags. That was on my old Dresser. Now I have a new Dresser to travel on. There are several companies that make light adapters. The last one I bought came from Kuryakyn.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2008/3DC3CF72F26F4C10B2A487490F0D9CCA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-31-2006, 09:46 PM
buckweet
Road Captain

well.....my buddy walter pulls a starlight cargo trailer made by neosho trailers outta ...where else ? neosho missouri....
anyhoo, he's pulled that little 16 cubic foot trailer over 100.000 miles with his goldwing. nary a problem, camps out everywhere.
i think he paid around 700 dollars back when he bought his, they are higher now, but he loves it, and doesen't leave home without it,
it has the swivel hitch, and 8 inch tires, it just soooo handy to have around, im guilty of cramming half my stuff in his trailer when we ride together,
so. yes, im going to buy a neosho trailer when i get home.
for the wing, and my ultra roadglide,
weet

Old 04-01-2006, 01:10 AM
larrysroad
Intermediate

Im thinking a trailer would be great in that you can just open the lid and throw in the jacket, or such, and it would be so much easier on packing.

Too true. Remember to lock the lid before taking off down the road. Don't ask how I know. We pulled a Cyclemate trailer for 5k miles one summer riding from CA to Calgary to Vancouver and down the coast to home. It made camping so much easier, and repacking was a snap. Apart from a slower take-off and greater stopping distance, we experienced no trouble with handling, etc. I guess the only issue is this: if there's more room to pack stuff, you'll pack more stuff.

Old 04-01-2006, 01:29 AM
HDUC1
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This trailer looks great behind a bagger.

http://www.bushtec.com/roadstar.htmll

Old 04-01-2006, 03:12 AM
HogBack
Road Master

IMO I am in there with Jeepster on this one. Touring is suppose to be relaxing, I am not for a bike with a trailer with no reverse, no sway shock (anti-whipping). If you load it tounge heavy you may be good to have it pull straight... but never, never forget it is there...

Old 04-01-2006, 09:09 AM
mrbearski
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: SCBGR

Seems like every time we take a trip it ends up being a short vacation and "SHE" wants to take more and more crap everytime...
I resemble that remark!
I must admit that my other half has gotten way better at packing for trips on the scoot. She used to take way too much, but now we can get every thing we need for a week in the trunk and bags. Still thinkin' about a small trailer though. Gotta have something to bring home the goodies in.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:48 AM
vulhalla
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the one from Neosho
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-01-2006, 10:16 AM
CharlieZ
Tourer

I think a trailer would be very nice to have. I camp myself and camping requires you to take more stuff than if you stayed in motels. I have a friend who pulls a pop up camper behind his BMW and he really enjoys it.

Name:  DSC00566.jpg
Views: 1866
Size:  133.8 KB

Old 11-02-2006, 11:48 PM
buckweet
Road Captain

dang !!! i think i met that guy !! it was 'me' !!! lol !!!!

weet aka = jed........................lol

ORIGINAL: Fandango6

Now that you said camping, that's a whole new ball game. We packed up our Ultra and went 23 days and over 6,500 miles, but it was motel every night. Did two motel laundries and mailed the rest of our dirty cloths home near the end of the trip. If I were camping I would definetly be looking at trailers. Saw a lot of dressers and gold wings pulling trailer on the way across the country, some fancy and some simple. Simplest was a little flat bed this guy was pulling behind a classic, had everthing in a couple of big coolers that were straped down. Kinda looked like Jed Clampet, but was funtional. There was a post hear some months ago about trailers and I remember a picture of a really sleek looking red one, kinda reminded me of a missle on wheels.

Quick Reply: Pulling a trailer behind your motorcycle