Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Pic’s Of My 2009 Tri-Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 02:02 PM
tririder
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just noticed that you have a chrome license plate frame that I want to get. I looked at part # 60051-01 on the HD website and it says it isn't for the TriGlide. Did you have to do something to it to make it fit?

Old 05-20-2009, 04:21 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tririder
I just noticed that you have a chrome license plate frame that I want to get. I looked at part # 60051-01 on the HD website and it says it isn't for the TriGlide. Did you have to do something to it to make it fit?
The only thing that I did differently is: I stuck the red reflector that comes with P/N #60051-01 over the words “Harley-Davidson” on top of the license plate.

The reason I did that is because the trunk handle lip would have partially obscured the words on the plate and I thought that would look a little tacky! Also the second reflector picks up the glow from the license plate light and almost acts as an additional running light.

OFF SUBJECT:
Your post reminded me of another item we can include in our quality control list to customer service. The license plate bracket on every Tri-Glide I have seen thus far is crooked! Small item and easy to straighten but none the less indicates poor quality control.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:31 AM
fastlane1
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
Joanne, thanks for the kind words!

My wife says that the “red thing” on the seat looks like a “testicular strap” and wants me to remove it but it actually has a practical purpose! I use this quick release bungee cord to hold down the front of a large white towel when I park in our 100+ degree heat. I flip down
the Mustang Driver Backrest to hold the rear of the towel.

The pipes are Vance and Hines 2” Oval Slip-ons.

I posted some more pic’s…
0136jpg = Mustang Seat Set-up
0139jpg = Tour-Pak Lid Organizer
0140jpg = Tour-Pack “Side Wall” Organizer
0143jpg = Matching Chrome/Rubber Pegs, Brake Petal Cover and Floor Board
0146jpg = LED Running/Brake Light in Tour-Pak Rack

Jim
Hi Jim,

I am picking up my Tri Glide Friday. I have Mustang 'on the line' and they said they don't make anything for the Tri Glide but anything can be done if I am willing to drill, cut or weld. Did you have to do any of those things or is it really plug and play? I was choosing the smooth vs Regal.

Appreciate your help and I will properly fix my avatar later...

Faye

Old 06-01-2009, 09:26 AM
lzski326
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastlane1
Hi Jim,

I am picking up my Tri Glide Friday. I have Mustang 'on the line' and they said they don't make anything for the Tri Glide but anything can be done if I am willing to drill, cut or weld. Did you have to do any of those things or is it really plug and play? I was choosing the smooth vs Regal.

Faye
I have a mustang seat on mine and it fit perfectly with out any modifications. I just made sure I ordered one for a 2009 ultra or FLT. I love the seat compared to the stock one.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:16 AM
fastlane1
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lzski326
I have a mustang seat on mine and it fit perfectly with out any modifications. I just made sure I ordered one for a 2009 ultra or FLT. I love the seat compared to the stock one.
Great! Thanks - I had them send it. Can't wait!

Old 06-01-2009, 09:46 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fastlane1
Hi Jim,

Faye
Faye,
First off, CONTRADALATIONS on your new Tri-Glide!

I was going to order buy my Mustang seat at the Laughlin River Run, the rep. at the Mustang trailer told me the same thing “it can’t be done”; the more he talked the more I realized that he did not know what he was talking about! I told him to forget it, I would call Amy. I told Amy the story and she said… whoever he was, he didn’t know what he was talking about”.

The bottom line is that the Mustang Driver Seat, Rider Backrest and Driver Backrest will bolt in with NO modification! Not only did Amy set me straight; she also through in a free rain cover and discounted the shipping for telling her the Laughlin story!

This is my third Mustang and I know you will love it once it’s broken in!

Jim