Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Harley-Davidson Street (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/harley-davidson-street-186/)
-   -   All Street 500/750 Have Defective Fuel Pumps (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/harley-davidson-street/1060597-all-street-500-750-have-defective-fuel-pumps.html)

GangsterBeagle 07-20-2015 01:47 PM

All Street 500/750 Have Defective Fuel Pumps

The manager at my dealership told me it is a problem with a clip that sits at the bottom of the pump. It holds a rubber grommet in place, but it is poorly designed and it sticks out just a little bit, the pump sits off to the side, so they are thinking that if you put the gas pump all the way in it is hitting that clip and bending it, which then damages the grommet; letting air in.

A new pump is supposedly being designed, so they same bad pump model has been put in my bike again.

All owners need to NOT put the gas pump all the way in. I am also concerned with this clip holding up on long rides.

Melman 07-20-2015 02:32 PM

I'm looking a the 750 for my wife and trying to find out as much as possible about this bike. Most reviews are "first rides" or "first impression" BS that is biased based on advertising dollars the test bike manufacture spends. (Just soap boxing that bit of info...no facts to back it!) Anyways, good to hear info like this and if anyone has a website or place I can go to find real info about this bike, please share.

Bwelsh 07-20-2015 03:50 PM

Www.hdstreetforums.com

For what it's worth, the wife and I love her 750.

lh4x4 07-20-2015 06:26 PM

My 750 had the fuel starvation when the low fuel light came on but never before. The dealer did the check and it showed full pressure. There was also a download update.

The problem was not corrected. HD authorized the new redesigned pump installation and it was installed last week. Works perfect. Seems to have a little more scoot. The fuel pressure must be better in the redesigned pump. Most of the ones my dealer did were corrected with the fitting check and pressure test with the download. HD said only a few needed the new pump. One of them was in their test fleet.

I never stick the fuel nozzle in past the opening in any bike. I just keep it in contact with the side to ground any static electricity.

I'm ready to run it to Sturgis in a little over a week. I am more than pleased with it's handling,comfort and performance.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...psdqacqvi7.jpg

dickey 11-30-2015 11:06 PM

They also have defective LOOKS.

cvaria 12-02-2015 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by dickey (Post 14622877)
They also have defective LOOKS.

tough talk from a guy with a chromed out marshmallow

80ci 12-07-2017 10:04 AM

chromed out marshmallow! HA ha ha thats good

modular 12-07-2017 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by cvaria (Post 14628010)
tough talk from a guy with a chromed out marshmallow

Through most of his posts I have found his screen name is fitting. But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

smitty901 12-07-2017 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Melman (Post 14225170)
I'm looking a the 750 for my wife and trying to find out as much as possible about this bike. Most reviews are "first rides" or "first impression" BS that is biased based on advertising dollars the test bike manufacture spends. (Just soap boxing that bit of info...no facts to back it!) Anyways, good to hear info like this and if anyone has a website or place I can go to find real info about this bike, please share.

I have a 750 Street. It is nothing like any Harley you owned. It serves me for why I purchased it. If I were buying one today it would be the 750 Street Rod over the Street.
The Street has not been a problem ,just the Street Rod offers much more.

nollid51 12-14-2017 03:26 PM

I've had an occasional issue when I get about to 50 miles on a tank, the fuel will sometimes shut off. There is still about a gallon and a half left in the tank, at least. It seems when the fuel gets this low, combined with hard acceleration or an incline, will cause the fuel to cut off. This thread makes me think it must be the fuel pump.