Harley-Davidson Street 500 and 750

Street Rod 750 - XG750A

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 11:10 PM
Marcus Waldron
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Street Rod 750 - XG750A

I just installed the V&H Comp Series exhaust and Screamin Eagle AC filter. I used the FP3 to flash a canned map. I wanted to install a V&H naked VO2 but the street rod doesn't have many options for High Flow ACs. Also, V&H only has a couple canned maps available. Luckily, V&H customer service created a custom map for my bike and parts. After I flashed the new map, the bike was instantly better. I am very happy with the increased power. Very fun ride.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:56 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

S&S is the only game in town for a aftermarket air cleaner with the Stealth kit. I used that with the "Muscle" cover. I did have to find bolts as the ones provided did not fit.

Last edited by modular; 02-24-2018 at 06:57 AM.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:07 PM
sdhamerlinck
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of bolts are we talking? And the lack of options appears to be the same about 6 months later - it is what it is I guess.
Marcus, are you still happy with the screaming eagle? The lone review on the Harley site is pretty harsh. How much more airflow is there? Is there a way to measure that, or where are the spec sheets?
I have a V+H High Output slip-on that pops when I throttle down, and I need to increase air and tune as well... just looking for some success stories I guess.

Thanks!!

Old 08-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Six4three5
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sdhamerlinck
What kind of bolts are we talking? And the lack of options appears to be the same about 6 months later - it is what it is I guess.
Marcus, are you still happy with the screaming eagle? The lone review on the Harley site is pretty harsh. How much more airflow is there? Is there a way to measure that, or where are the spec sheets?
I have a V+H High Output slip-on that pops when I throttle down, and I need to increase air and tune as well... just looking for some success stories I guess.

Thanks!!
I recently just bought a 2018 Street Rod. I had the dealer install a screamin' eagle air filter, V&H High Output slip on, and FP3. When I left the dealership, I immediately noticed the poppin on decel which was annoying but then the bike ended up dying on me completely. They believed it was a faulty FP3 or bad map. They recommended putting everything back to stock and ride till my first service and at that point switch everything back but instead of a FP3 go with a DynoJet power vision, so that's probably what I'll end up doing.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:16 PM
GTScott
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is interesting. I installed the VH Comp on my otherwise stock 2018 Street Rod. I was told that I didnt need a programmer for *just* a slip on. Is that not the case? I do get the burbles on down shift.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:32 PM
Six4three5
Novice

Originally Posted by GTScott
This is interesting. I installed the VH Comp on my otherwise stock 2018 Street Rod. I was told that I didnt need a programmer for *just* a slip on. Is that not the case? I do get the burbles on down shift.
for just a slip on muffler it's my understanding with sportbikes anyway and I'd venture to say the same with Harleys is you will not necessarily need a fuel controller. Only if you change the air filter as well. Regardless I'm going to want one and find a map that can get rid of the popping on decel. After riding it stock for awhile now, that popping was extremely annoying.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:10 AM
Richarddeerflame B
Stage I
Default Saddle bags

Hi guys

Anyone know of any saddlebags that can fit the street rod? Im looking everywhere and can only find for street... not the street rod....