Harley-Davidson Street 500 and 750

2018 XG750 - Alarm/Immobiliser Not Arming

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 06:06 AM
McDuff
Intermediate
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2018 XG750 - Alarm/Immobiliser Not Arming

Hello all, today my alarm stopped arming itself with the double beep, signals flash but it does not arm the alarm. Confirmed I can rock the bike with the key out of the ignition with the bike turned off and no alarm sounds. I made a short recording switching the ignition on and off twice, there is a weird little buzz when turning the bike off. Have a listen and if anyone can tell me what might be up I will love you forever.

I "think" it might be the accelerometer being at fault but I am not really tech savvy so advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Last edited by McDuff; 12-07-2023 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-07-2023, 10:31 AM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,632 Likes on 1,534 Posts

Originally Posted by McDuff
Hello all, today my alarm stopped arming itself with the double beep, signals flash but it does not arm the alarm. Confirmed I can rock the bike with the key out of the ignition with the bike turned off and no alarm sounds. I made a short recording switching the ignition on and off twice, there is a weird little buzz when turning the bike off. Have a listen and if anyone can tell me what might be up I will love you forever.

I "think" it might be the accelerometer being at fault but I am not really tech savvy so advice would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QD861S83c0

Many thanks in advance
If the audible alarm (siren) is set to chirpless mode, it won't double chirp upon arming. With the ignition off, take the fob out of range (more than five feet away from the bike). Lift the bike off the side stand. Does the siren sound?

The following users liked this post:
McDuff (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 11:01 AM
McDuff
Intermediate

Originally Posted by barneyboy
If the audible alarm (siren) is set to chirpless mode, it won't double chirp upon arming. With the ignition off, take the fob out of range (more than five feet away from the bike). Lift the bike off the side stand. Does the siren sound?
I have never set it to chirpless mode and as far as I am aware, it isn't something you can do without the intention to do so.

Even if the fob is in my pocket, without the key in the ignition switched to on the alarm would sound if the bike is moved. But I will try moving it tomorrow and leave the fob and key indoors however I have a feeling it might be the accelerator sensor or possibly its battery.

Old 12-08-2023, 05:10 AM
McDuff
Intermediate

OK so moved the bike today with the fob in doors still and indeed, the siren did indeed alarm.

So it is all working, I just somehow managed to set the bike to chirpless mode by stalling it.

Weird.