Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Sharing my YouTube channel

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 07:44 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,875 Likes on 17,362 Posts

Particularly those who are less gifted in public speaking, video photography, sound editing, musical taste and have a face for radio.

Certainly not a reference to the OP.

Old 12-04-2023, 09:18 AM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasMotorcycleRider
Subscribed. I think a lot of people don't appreciate how much work goes into the making of the videos and all just for fun. It's not everyone's cup of tea, thanks for the effort.
Thank you very much for kind words and subscribing it always means a world to me. Truly appreciate it. Hope you will find some value in my episodes.

Old 12-04-2023, 12:52 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,968 Likes on 17,493 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynamick
AdBlock Plus my friend. Changed my life.
Doesn't work on youtube here in the states, you pay their monthly grift or you get an ad in stream every every 4-6 minutes depending on the vid and your watching choices.

This is nothing against the OP or other honest content suppliers I feel for them and the struggle, there's just SO much clickbait trash on it it's insulting. Even long time old solid suppliers have changed up, most of what they do now is mug for the camera to get traffic.

Old 12-05-2023, 11:30 AM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,629 Likes on 1,533 Posts

Originally Posted by Burbur2
I had no idea about this section on our forum so I thought I will share. I have small YouTube channel and currently over 300 uploads so hope you find something of the value for you and subscribe which I would greatly appreciate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcBW...moga6VBvTyKAHx
I think I was one of your first 100 subscribers back in early 2021(?). I've enjoyed all of your 300+ videos in their entirety. I've yet to see a single ad/commercial while viewing your channel. As a creator, do you have a say in whether or not your videos are interrupted by ads?

The following users liked this post:
TwiZted Biker (12-05-2023)
Old 12-05-2023, 12:36 PM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by barneyboy
I think I was one of your first 100 subscribers back in early 2021(?). I've enjoyed all of your 300+ videos in their entirety. I've yet to see a single ad/commercial while viewing your channel. As a creator, do you have a say in whether or not your videos are interrupted by ads?

Thank you so much for all your support and checking the videos. Means a world to me for real and yes a lot of work goes into it for sure.

Up till recently there was no way to control or adjust the ads (or I didnt know about it). Just 2 months ago YouTube gave some tools to creators to “manipulate” the frequency and type of the ads but I never tried it yet nor plan to do that. As far as I am aware each piece of content that is 8min or longer will get 2 round of ads while anything shorter will allow only one round of ads.

If you dont care about video monetization yes there is option to choose such option and I believe ads wont show up

If someone is focused on income from ads yes there is potential to overwhelm viewers with junk so maybe this is the reason for experience described by one of the posters here.

I would be happy to send you some stickers as token of my appreciation for your support if you send me your address via PM. I just passed 4000 subscribers recently and think about maybe doing website soon but I have to say YT already keeps me so busy on top of my normal life responsibilities that I question viability of this website idea.

Sneak peak of the thumbnail for upcoming video 👍😀 just finished editing this one yesterday.

Last edited by Burbur2; 12-05-2023 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-11-2023, 11:57 PM
pyuchem
Road Warrior
Received 844 Likes on 402 Posts

Stopped watching YouTube since they longer allow Adblock.

Good thing because I turned off my TV 4 years ago. And I haven’t touched the remote yet. I don’t even know where the remote is. Most likely I’m going to throw my tv, since I’m not used to watching it.

Old 12-12-2023, 09:13 AM
DMFXR
Cruiser
Received 192 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Burbur2
I have to say I am genuinely curious what are other options to watch for viewers for free and no commercials?
Rumble.

YouTube is at war right now with ad blockers. You need to get off the Google Chromeopoly and use a non Chromium based browser (Firefox) with the uBlock Origin extension to continue watching YouTube without ads....for now.

The following users liked this post:
Super Glidester (12-12-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 10:31 AM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,618 Likes on 9,823 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I'm pretty much about to tell Youtube to suck it, tired to tears of the newest extortion attempt with the adds every 5-6 minutes and yes I have timed them. Good for you if it's working but a growing segment of us are about done with it.
I used to stream music but tired of the commercials in the middle of the songs. Ive blown the dust off my vinyl and CD collection and went old school also I can load my IPOD with the digital turntable feature I can convert vinyl to my digital device etc. But I agree YT is as bad as cable TV and they are pretty bad. I had said to the wife" you remember when the selling point of cable was no commercials?"