Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Harley Davidson Videos (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/harley-davidson-videos-25/)
-   -   Gopro Sissy Bar Mount Test (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/harley-davidson-videos/879460-gopro-sissy-bar-mount-test.html)

njohnson27 06-03-2013 09:05 AM

Thanks - the tunnel was from earlier in the day on my way out to lake elsinore, not part of hwy 74

Originally Posted by DOMAPOI (Post 11366109)
I love the stop you made at the 4 way stop on the first video. What town was that in?

And, I ride the Ortega Highway a lot from San Juan Capistrano to Elsinore but don't remember that long underpass in the beginning of the video.

Oh, yeah, great videos. Really link the one with the mount on the sissy bar.

07bobber 06-03-2013 09:56 AM

what mount did you use on the helmet? ive gotta get my go pro out again..

Hogpro 06-03-2013 10:09 AM

That's a great angle. Find a way to keep it steady and you really have something there.

njohnson27 06-03-2013 10:11 AM

helmet is just one of the sticky mounts they give you with the camera. I put it on the side of the helmet, and then a few angle pieces to get the camera up right

Originally Posted by 07bobber (Post 11366961)
what mount did you use on the helmet? ive gotta get my go pro out again..

clang 06-03-2013 10:15 AM

Great perspective from with the camera on the sissy bar, but it makes riding over expansion joints look painful.

DravenGSX 06-03-2013 10:40 AM

That sissy bar mount provides a cool angle! Have you tried using something like iMovie or Pinnacle Studio to clean up the jitters? They work surprisingly well.

I love finding new ways to mount the GoPro.

Jbizzle 06-03-2013 11:36 AM

Too Cool! I'd have never of thought of that. Can I ask what you used to edit the video from your rides?

njohnson27 06-03-2013 11:38 AM

Thanks. For this I just used the stock video editing software that comes with Windows 7 - nothing special. Enough to get the job done for this.

Originally Posted by Jbizzle (Post 11367305)
Too Cool! I'd have never of thought of that. Can I ask what you used to edit the video from your rides?

njohnson27 06-03-2013 11:38 AM

Not yet, but when I get some different software I'm going to try to. Youtube tried to do image stabilization when I uploaded the video but it looked horrible so I took it off.

Originally Posted by DravenGSX (Post 11367122)
That sissy bar mount provides a cool angle! Have you tried using something like iMovie or Pinnacle Studio to clean up the jitters? They work surprisingly well.

I love finding new ways to mount the GoPro.

DravenGSX 06-03-2013 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by njohnson27 (Post 11367312)
Not yet, but when I get some different software I'm going to try to. Youtube tried to do image stabilization when I uploaded the video but it looked horrible so I took it off.

I have hunted high and low for software for Windows, Mac and Linux. The GoPro software is terrible.

You said Windows above, so we can eliminate iMovie and Final Cut. iMovie is better than Windows Movie Maker, but basically the same thing, with some cool templates.

The best that I have found (for a reasonable sum) is Pinnacle Studio. There's a 30 day free trial so you can figure out how to use it (though it's pretty simple if you understand the concepts of timelines and layering). Then if you search around a bit, there's a $20 coupon floating around out there that's still good which brings it to $60.

It's worth it to get the most out of your camera. Of course, it'll just make you want more cameras. ;)