HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

The Mascot's in Yorba Linda,Ca...lets keep it moving.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:42 AM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: The Mascot's in Yorba Linda,Ca...lets keep it moving.

I see that the Siskiyou pass is getting snow in spots especially south of Ashland. That is going to make the trip challenging for anyone that will brave it. The snow level up here in SW WA is dropping to ~1000 ft level in the next couple of days though it will not stay there most likely.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:50 PM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Dawg, if you check out this link, https://www.hdforums.com/m_197393/mp...tm.htm#2402266 it reads that at HeatherC's suggestion, a few of us here in N. Washington had subscribed to the idea of the Mascot staying south of us for the winter. I looked at the road cams on I5 south of Medford and I wouldn't want to encourage anybody to risk the ride from Redding, CA to Eugene, OR unless they had a really clear weather window. So I'm hoping that the forum members in CA and AZ get a move on and get some more signatures on the Mascot.
In the mean time, it would be nice if the forum members here in Washington would do a post at https://www.hdforums.com/m_2190837/tm.htm
so we can get a head count of just how many folks we can get together with when the Mascot does show up.
I'm done, this will be my last post on the topic of the Mascot until the spring THAW.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:13 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

wldbill, being a native Washingtonian I know the weather risks here. But that is not the point My frustration, besides the fact that the mascot didn't get north in time, is that the mascot is just sitting in SoCal where the weather is still rideable. Each winter is different around here but this year looks like we are going to see plenty of snow in the passes. So I agree that the mascot should stay south where it can visit other HDF members. But it is just sitting and I have watched as they have tried to get it moving. There are a lot of HDF members in California so I don't understand why the mascot isn't moving. Okay I'm done with my rant. We just need to encourage the others and work on getting our area ready for when the weather gets better.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm off the week between Christmas and New Years. I can get it from Yorba Linda and head north to Santa Barbara. Just need someone to hand it off to once up there.

Primo

Old 12-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Made contact with NastyHD to take the mascot north.

We're heading toSanta Barbara!

Anyone up for the ride tomorrow morning Sunday 12/23 meet at the Starbucks On Beverly Blvd in Whittier by 10am.

It's on Beverly Blvd .5 miles east of the 605 Fwy. It's on the corner of Beverly andNorwalk Blvd.

Looking forward to riding with NastyHD, 2mean, Jefe,designknd and his girl and anyone else who cares to ride along.

All makes and riders welcome.

Primo

Old 12-23-2007, 10:51 AM
nastyHD
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

North to Santa Barbarawe go, see you all in while.