Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

2014 Limited, stuck ignition after reinstall

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 10:18 PM
Swan99
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Limited, stuck ignition after reinstall

Just spent a few hours removing a stuck ignition module from my 14' Harley Limited.
After installing a new handle bar I put the ignition module back in and it wouldn't turn without the key in the far left removal spot, nor would it allow the lock to engage nor would it come back out (don't ever force it or you'll F it up).

I searched the web, called the local Harley shop and spent a lot of time just studying and monkeying with the dang thing, No joy! finally giving up for the Sat. evening.
On Sun. morning after a good nights sleep I went after it again, changing direction. On the 14' you can pull the cover around the ignition off, thank God! because this allows access to the two screws that hold the lower ignition module to the frame, once off you have access to a hole in the bottom of the lower ignition, another thank God here, this allowed my to see that when I put the ignition back in it went in to far and turned under the cam that turns the lock.

When this happens you have to use a bent screw driver to turn the cam in the bottom hole in the lower ignition back into position to remove the upper ignition, then bolt the lower ignition back on and start the process over.