Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

You should read this; if you have a 2014 street guild stage 1 and Harley tune 617seb204

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 09:21 PM
ubreal
Road Master
Received 184 Likes on 98 Posts
Default You should read this; if you have a 2014 street guild stage 1 and Harley tune 617seb204

When I bought my bike in 2014 the first thing I did was install high flow ac, new head and mufflers and a screaming eagle super tuner pro download the tune 617SEB204, then off to the Harley shop to get it dyno tune. No problems bike runs great.

Last week 15k miles latter I open my Harley super tuner program and I ask me to download the newest up date. After the download I open my tune (617SEB204) and this banner pop up.

The starting calibration associated with the user calibration was replaced by an improved calibration. Consult the What's New and Calibration Description documents for any additional information regarding the improved calibration.

It is required that you upgrade your calibration to the improved version. The starting calibration cannot be flashed to an ECM.

Follow the copy and paste procedure in the Help file to create a new, updated user calibration

And if you press no to the update another banner pops up telling you can not flash your ECM until you update.

On no, I can't put my old tune in I have to use this new tune (621SHA203) this means that if I want to make a change to my tune I have to use this new tune. I started to look at the new tune and I saw they retarded the timing a lot in the new tune.
To see what's going on and why Harley change there tune I did a VCI data record run for 15 minuets, I did all kinds of ridding, cursing, getting on it, when I look at the data I saw that my knock retard for the front and back cylinder was on all the time it range form 7 to .5 mostly around 4. my engine temp was around 240, and the air temp was about 75 deg.

This is how I was able to download my old tune with changes to my ECM.

Get a laptop that is windows 7 or less, best if Harley's supper tuner program is on the laptop this was the case for me, on any laptop newer than windows 7 the Harley program will not let you down load your old tune. At least it work for me.

I put this up so someone in the future could use this info, it help me maybe it can help you.

The new tune (621SHA203) that Harley wants you to use is not a bad tune, I took all the timing cells front and rear and copy them to my old tune, it help a lot at least 90% less knock. It took my two more runs to get the knock out.