Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignition-tuner-ecm-fuel-injection-55/)
-   -   FP3 autotune vs. preloaded map (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignition-tuner-ecm-fuel-injection/1216699-fp3-autotune-vs-preloaded-map.html)

adamsrotors 01-31-2018 03:05 PM

FP3 autotune vs. preloaded map

first, spare me the FP3 hate...I'm sure a majority of you guys scoff at it as a entry level tuner, being that were here in the tuning section, but I got it for free and I had great luck with it on my past bike.

I'm curious how effective running the autotune is vs. just one of the maps on there already, is?

I'm running a Bassani 2-into-1 road rage on my FXDLS and since it only has V&H and few other exhausts, I'm running a different system, but it doubt it makes that big of a difference.

is the autotune that effective or is what I'm running now (hi-output 2-into-1 short) the way to go?

Fireball Jack 01-31-2018 03:17 PM

With stock O2 Sensors you have to start with a map that is very close. Maybe V&H can help you get close.

adamsrotors 01-31-2018 03:19 PM

oh, I wasn't aware that's how it worked...i thought it was independent of the currently loaded map.

Fireball Jack 01-31-2018 03:33 PM

It is flashed based.

hrdtail78 01-31-2018 03:41 PM

No starter map is going to be perfect. The trims might bring it in. Some areas are going to be rich and some lean. About 18% adjustment is what it will allow. Doing a couple of auto tunes is going to zero out the trims, and also give you good data for carrying out and blending those cells that you can't get.

adamsrotors 01-31-2018 05:53 PM

got on the online chat with V&H and they had me download the comp 2-in-1 and then upload to them...they tweaked it, sent it back to me, and now I'm good to go. said to have me run 2 tanks of gas thru and it'll be golden. no autotune needed.

Fireball Jack 01-31-2018 06:06 PM

Just like magic. They seem very confident.

1 2 many 01-31-2018 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fireball Jack (Post 17047808)
Just like magic. They seem very confident.

Haha I was there a few weeks ago.. I wish I would have read more here..:icon_dunce:

Gordon61 02-01-2018 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by adamsrotors (Post 17047771)
got on the online chat with V&H and they had me download the comp 2-in-1 and then upload to them...they tweaked it, sent it back to me, and now I'm good to go. said to have me run 2 tanks of gas thru and it'll be golden. no autotune needed.

That will be run two tanks of petrol through ...so that the ECU has time to "learn and trim" itself ...maybe!! ...rather than running autotune to centre the VE tables properly and then let the trims keep it on target as the weather, altitude, and a dodgy fill of fuel from time to time changes things up n down n back n forth.

adamsrotors 02-01-2018 12:20 PM

I mean, I think they've tested the bassani road rage pipe on a 110 and know how to tune it correctly, no?

what are you guys getting at with the sarcasm...still run the autotune?

V&H was pretty adamant on not doing it.