Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

New to me Heritage Classic came with PV4

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 12:39 AM
kotkinjs1
Novice
Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New to me Heritage Classic came with PV4

Hi all, I'm a complete noob to Dynojet and Power Vision. I've got a new to me/used Harley Heritage Classic (2019) that came with a PV4 when I bought it. I created a Dynojet account, downloaded the app and Power Core and successfully hooked it up and scanned the bike. I confirmed it's got the appropriate tune on the bike from the 3 available via the app's filters although the 'Stage 1' in the tune list didn't really match my bike's setup. Is their Stage 1 the same as Harley's "Stage 1?" I've got what it says is Stage 1 now because my bike is Harley stage 1 (S&S 2 into 1 exhaust and high flow intake). But their Stage 3 in the app looks more like my setup. Should I switch to that?

So I assume the device is 'married' to my bike now - do I need to do anything to transfer a license? Or is that unnecessary because it's already got a tune downloaded for this bike? Do I need to get a Fuelmoto Tune Support Buy In? I guess that'll allow me to access more tunes than the 3 available on the app? I also really just wanted to adjust my idle (I think it's a little low) but I can't see how to do that in the Power Core software.

Last edited by kotkinjs1; 04-19-2024 at 12:55 AM.
Old 04-19-2024, 12:27 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 725 Likes on 571 Posts

if you have the devoce that is married to your bike, in place on your bike, you are good. no need for anything else except getting your tune dialed in. I recommend having it professioally done, but that's me and my job as well. if you want to try the other tune that looked better suited to your bike, just make sure that you can save the tune thats in it. if it was me i would save it to my PC, then you can flash the other tune and see how it feels, then pick the one you like best.
i still say you should get it tuned, do your homewoek and find a reputable tuner i your area.
m