Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

T Max issues,codes

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 06:13 PM
Rokinrider
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 28 Posts
Default T Max issues,codes

• We discovered the 2012 Roadking my son purchased from a dealer 6 years ago has a Thundermax. It threw a rear O2 sensor code last fall right before he put it up. I grabbed one at the dealer a month ago and as soon as he said it was too small I knew it had something non OEM Several codes but the one that came to my attention was ECM internal failure? He kept it on a tender, I’ve always heard battery and connections were critical with a T max. I haven’t made it over yet to look things over, he told me over the phone the plug cover for the USB interface had tape , not a molded plug cover.
I was going to put the software on my laptop, wasn’t sure what version of windows it would run, I’m at 10. Is the interface cable something I can get or is it something we get from Zippers? I’m a powervision person, time to learn T Max. My buddy uses them, can we take it to his place and he can plug into it. Does it have to be on the bike or just pull it and hook into it?
Thanks

Old 04-26-2024, 02:35 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 730 Likes on 561 Posts

I'd try the USB that's already on it to see if it works before replacing it. Previous owner probably just lost the cover and put tape on to prevent corrosion or dirt from getting in there. The cable to interface with that is a USB to mini-USB cable. You can find them at Best Buy oor Wally World. Windows 10 will work fine with the software. Just install it, use your new usb cable plugged in to the jack, turn the key, and switch to Run. The software should detect the bike.

Old 04-28-2024, 10:21 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,302 Likes on 3,658 Posts

There will be a little metal flat strip covering a small rubber plug, Slide it over and pull the plug.. It requires a Mini USB plug (not micro or new one.) Computer / electronics store should have one if you don't have any laying around.

The o2 sensor is a standard Bosch wideband, 17014 (IIRC). You should be able to get one at any autoparts store. Google will find one..

The following users liked this post:
Rokinrider (04-28-2024)