Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Road King died and want start

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 12:08 PM
gkb
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Road King died and want start

Hey.. just read your post. I have a 98 RK. The same thing happened to me. I was riding along, came to a stop sign and it just died. Just like someone stole my battery. Another rider came by, who just so happened to be a HD mech. We removed my seat to check batt connections..they were ok. He then went to my ign. switch. The wiring clip was loose..we snapped it back on and away we go. Until the next ride and the same thing happened. I tore it back apart and used a zip tie to secure it to the switch. I guess the vibration made it work loose. I haven't had any more problems since. Hope this helps.

Old 02-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Barry Weeks
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road King died and want start

Thannks I will check that tonight also

ORIGINAL: gkb

Hey.. just read your post. I have a 98 RK. The same thing happened to me. I was riding along, came to a stop sign and it just died. Just like someone stole my battery. Another rider came by, who just so happened to be a HD mech. We removed my seat to check batt connections..they were ok. He then went to my ign. switch. The wiring clip was loose..we snapped it back on and away we go. Until the next ride and the same thing happened. I tore it back apart and used a zip tie to secure it to the switch. I guess the vibration made it work loose. I haven't had any more problems since. Hope this helps.