Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

good combo for my bone stock tc 96 ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 03:51 PM
ntrain0
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good combo for my bone stock tc 96 ?

Hello Im just about to order pipes,intake and an power commander ,but before i [/align]push the order button i thought i ask you guyes with experience what you think of[/align]my choise.The bike is an -07 nighttrain with 1000 miles on it.[/align][/align]Pipes: V&H Bigradius 2-1[/align]Intake: K&N rk 3909 (uses the original casing)[/align]and an DynojetPowercommander[/align][/align]i will also order the "plugs" for the exhaust .is there any thing else i will need[/align]like some thing to "disconnect" and plug theO2 sensors? [/align]Im going to install it by myself so i will need everything to do so.[/align][/align]i will take the bike for a dyno test afterwards and let you guyesknow how it turned out.[/align][/align]Im all new to Harleys and im thankful forany help and advice i can get[/align][/align]Thanks / Jesper from Sweden[/align]

Old 05-23-2008, 08:22 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: good combo for my bone stock tc 96 ?

You probably have the active intake and exhaust actuators that will have to be bypassed or defeated. Here's a couple links from a European supplier for devices that do this.
http://www.vtwinmania.co.uk/product_...oducts_id=1314
http://www.vtwinmania.co.uk/product_...oducts_id=1394

The Power Commander should come with O2 sensor eliminators. They just plug into the wire harnesses that you will be unplugging from the O2 sensors.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:55 AM
ntrain0
6th Gear

Thanks for the input , Im starting to get second thoughts about the powercommander .. I went to the workshop(harley) today
for the firts service and he told me that the PC is totally crap! he told me thathad sereral bikes coming in runing like crap
using the powercommander he also toldme that you cant adjust the idle (among other things) with the PC. Offcourse he told me
i should use the SERT instead.. Is there any thruth in what he told me or did he just tryto sell me the SERT?.

Confused new guye.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:19 PM
murphdog
Road Master

There's a lot of truth in what he told you. With the Race Tuner you can adjust idle speed, cranking (starting) fuel, warmup enrichment, decel enleanment (to get rid of decel exhaust popping), accel enrichment, O2 sensor feedback, rev limiter to whatever you want it (not just 6500 like PC), plus you can disable the active intake and exhaust actuators without having to add more parts.
I've never had a PC, but I've read lots of reports on the forums about people having problems with them. Race Tuner is more versatile, lets you keep to O2 sensorsand doesn't add any more parts to your bike.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:13 PM
ntrain0
6th Gear

Thanks Murphdog

Im convinced now , ill go with the racetuner do you know a good place for purchase?
does it come with any caned maps or will i have to bring it to the dealer?

Thanks / Jesper

Old 05-24-2008, 05:26 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

See your local dealer for the tuner, and mapping after you modify your bike

Old 05-24-2008, 05:29 PM
murphdog
Road Master

There are a couple versions of the Race Tuner. Part number 32107-01L, which is technically obsolete but still available, can be bought from several online outfits. Here's one ebay store I found that ships worldwide http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Screa...mZ200225534277
This version comes without the software and canned maps, but you can download everything you need from here http://www.sendspace.com/file/q7d973
You will also need cables with this version which are part number 32108-06. This version uses a serial interface to your computer and doesn't work well with Windows Vista if that's a concern to you.

The newer version is part number 32109-08 and I know nothing about it other than what I've read on the forums. It does use a USB interface and works with Vista, however.
You can Google both part numbers and read tons of information about them. Both versions have canned maps that you can install and tweak yourself, dealer not required.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:25 PM
ntrain0
6th Gear

Hello again.. Still havent made any order yet.. i was just about to order the super tuner from Zanotti and they told me that
they have some new info from HDabout the super tuner ,apparently there are some issues with it regarding windows..jamming the
computer or somethinglike that..(i dont know muchabout computers.. dont they always jam?)
so HD might relese a new version in a near future...

My bike is still STOCK and i cant get the old racetuner because i have vista in my computer..

help me should i get the powercommander .... my bike neeeds to unleash the monster within..

Old 05-27-2008, 01:44 PM
splitting_lanes
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the powercommander... it totally frees you from going to the dealer to make changes, and I've had no problems in over 25,000 miles with it.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:16 PM
ntrain0
6th Gear

I have now ordered an powercommander , arlen ness big sucker stage 1 and to start off with im going to use my a friends
V&H dragpipes . Mabye not the optimal exhaust but hopefully ok to begin with (he told me it´s loud!

Thanks for all the inputs i will let you know how it works out

/Jes

Quick Reply: good combo for my bone stock tc 96 ?