Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
I asked my dealer about this and he tried to sell me one. I explained that I already had the set up and explained the rumor. He said he heard nothing about it and showed me the SE Performance catalog.

He did explain the SEPST was considered for Race Applications only, and that SE was now offering the Street tuner for uploading Street Legal calibrations by the service dept. But he said the street tuner didn't supersede the pro tuner and anyone could still buy either one.
jay...The part number wasn't superseded. They are two different parts.

Go to the harley site and search tuner on their accs and parts page. You can do a part search for 32109-08 too. It isn't there. The only tuner listed is the SEStreet. I've read that others have been told by their dealer that the 32109-08 is no longer available. Guess only when they run out of stock.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:48 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
jay...The part number wasn't superseded. They are two different parts.
The following quote seems to imply that the Pro Tuner has been replaced by the street Tuner.

The SEPro is not available anymore, only the SEStreet.
And it is absolutely incorrect.

Go to the harley site and search tuner on their accs and parts page. You can do a part search for 32109-08 too. It isn't there. The only tuner listed is the SEStreet.
I've always had to look in the Screaming Eagle Performance Catalog to find the Pro Tuner. If you look in the Screaming Eagle Performance Catalog you'll find both.

I've read that others have been told by their dealer that the 32109-08 is no longer available. Guess only when they run out of stock.
They are unfortunately being misinformed by their dealers. SPX says HD has no plans to discontinue the Pro Tuner any time soon.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Then this is great news for those interested in the SEPro.

You seem to be certain that this correct information, "SPX says". ??

note: I've found the SEPro and the SERT on the HD site many times before. I think it's interesting that the SEPro is not there now.

Thanks for the replies.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:02 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member

Then this is great news for those interested in the SEPro.

You seem to be certain that this correct information, "SPX says". ??
Yeah, They aren't easy to get but they are helping me with another issue and I asked this question. They are by the way very helpful folks but HD says support must go through the dealer. Well, my dealer was befuddled by my problem and had no idea what to do. HD Corporate just pointed me back to the dealer. I did a little research and found contact numbers for SPX. They are looking at my issue and have been able to recreate my problem. So I am hoping for a resolution soon.

note: I've found the SEPro and the SERT on the HD site many times before. I think it's interesting that the SEPro is not there now.

Thanks for the replies.
Seems like I was looking for the part number to upgrade my software last year and had to go to the SE Performance catalog for it. I believe they want to sharpen the distinction that the Pro Tuner is for Race Applications.

Thank you.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Issue with your SEPro? What kind of issue are you having. Maybe someone else here could have the same issue. Want to share what's going on and their fix?

Old 12-10-2010, 03:12 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member

Issue with your SEPro? What kind of issue are you having. Maybe someone else here could have the same issue. Want to share what's going on and their fix?
I just wrote up a big explanation and and when I hit submit there was a distortion in the tachyon field and it all went to hell.

I'll do a complete write up about it in a seperate thread when I get a resolution. I will say that the guy helping me with this is extremely eager to help and has been able to recreate my problem.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Time log out huh? Yeah, I hate then that happens so I put it on Word then paste.

I look forward to reading it... Thanks

Old 12-10-2010, 04:04 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Research the TTS and when you are ready go for it. Looks hard at first but it is really easy once you get hands on.

I can attest to this statement! Don't waste your time or hard-earned $$ on the SE products (experience and wasted $$ talking here). Go for the TTS and there are plenty of folks on here that can help you and MrWizard is well.. THE WIZARD....

Old 12-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

You're going to give me a complex complex.

If anyone can simply read the manual and follow the directions it's easy. Especially if I can do it.

Did you update today? New goodies to be found in the update.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:14 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by oldlawman
First off, my bike is running pretty darn good, but now with the extra rider (guess who), think I may need a little more power, so based on my riding profile of hill country road relaxed riding, the extra weight (guess who), what is your suggestion or would I simply be wasting money at this point. The fuel pack seems to be the least expensive, but, as I understand it, does not have the versatility, but may be all I need. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

oldlawman.. every person has a different riding style. If you are comfortable with the way your bike runs, I would leave it alone. If you want more power, especially with a passenger (guess who) then you'll need to step up to a cam set and a tuner. But to be quite honest; reading your post, I think (my .02 worth) you should just stay as you are for the time being. If you need more power, that can certainly come later on for you and (guess who). Don't get me wrong, if you add something like a cam set and a good tune, you'll love the fact that you can roll on the throttle and your ride won't feel like a piece of lead on wheels but you're looking at roughly $400 for a good tuning device, and another $250 for a good set of cams, then add labor, tuning time, and misc parts on top of that.

Quick Reply: Need advice