Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:23 PM
flashracer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

answered my own question for now

Last edited by flashracer; 09-15-2017 at 07:35 PM. Reason: found it
Old 09-25-2017, 01:37 AM
mmesa005
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 737 Likes on 704 Posts

Hello All,

I have an 09 Rocker C that I recently upgraded to a 103". I purchased a Screamin Eagle Pro Street Tuner as well as MyTune. After several sessions with auto tune I used MyTune to refine the VE tables. Unfortunately every attempt to paste the data from MyTune into SEPST, the changes are not accepted and the VE table will not change.
After reading through this thread I downloaded the SE Super Tuner software using the "All 1's" serial number. I loaded a map that was close to my configuration and had no trouble making changes to the VE tables from MyTune.

My question is can I now use the Pro Tuner Sofware with my Pro Street Tuner or will the change of software cause a problem?

Thanks!

Last edited by mmesa005; 09-25-2017 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:35 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by mmesa005
Hello All,

I have an 09 Rocker C that I recently upgraded to a 103". I purchased a Screamin Eagle Pro Street Tuner as well as MyTune. After several sessions with auto tune I used MyTune to refine the VE tables. Unfortunately every attempt to paste the data from MyTune into SEPST, the changes are not accepted and the VE table will not change.
After reading through this thread I downloaded the SE Super Tuner software using the "All 1's" serial number. I loaded a map that was close to my configuration and had no trouble making changes to the VE tables from MyTune.

My question is can I now use the Pro Tuner Sofware with my Pro Street Tuner or will the change of software cause a problem?

Thanks!
Not going to happen. Pro Street tuner is an EPA tool and Pro Stupid tuner is an off road only racing tuner.
You cannot use the EPA tuner (stree tuner) to install the non-EPA calibration (off road/race only)
Bob.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:31 PM
mmesa005
Ultimate HDF Member

FLTRI717,

Makes my purchase of MyTune a waste of $ ? Would it make a difference if I chose a non- California Map and went back through a couple of auto tune?

Thanks!

Old 09-25-2017, 01:37 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member

FLTRI717,

Makes my purchase of MyTune a waste of $ ? Would it make a difference if I chose a non- California Map and went back through a couple of auto tune?

Thanks!
Not sure if you have the luxury to pick non-EPA emissions from the EPA-approved Street Tuner. ;-)
Hopefully it's clear to you by now the Street Tuner is a neutered tuning device.
There are only a few changes you can make with it and those changes are restricted to be sure the bike will pass emissions if tested.
As long as the parts formula (incl: exhaust and cams) is exactly the same as the calibration was written for, the bike will run good enough to do some autotunes to get it close to right.
My tune assumes you have a race tuner and will offer changes you cannot make to the emissions approved maps.
Bob

Old 09-25-2017, 01:44 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member

FLTRI717,

Thanks!
Not sure if you have the luxury to pick non-EPA emissions from the EPA-approved Street Tuner. ;-)
Hopefully it's clear to you by now the Street Tuner is a neutered tuning device.
There are only a few changes you can make with it and those changes are restricted to be sure the bike will pass emissions if tested.
As long as the parts formula (incl: exhaust and cams) is exactly the same as the calibration was written for, the bike will run good enough to do some autotunes to get it close to right.
My tune assumes you have a race tuner and will offer changes you cannot make to the emissions approved maps.
Bob

Old 09-25-2017, 01:57 PM
mmesa005
Ultimate HDF Member

Interesting that the reply I received from MyTune Tech Support is that there is a bug in the current version of the Street Tuner software. Your reply makes more sense. I am tempted to try using the Pro Software but don't want to brick my Tuner.

Thanks again for your replies.

Steven

Old 09-25-2017, 02:13 PM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 278 Likes on 197 Posts

The Street Tuner box is not compatable with the Pro software. It will not allow it to be used at all.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:42 PM
mmesa005
Ultimate HDF Member

jbarr1,

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2017, 04:11 PM
PilgrimsDad
Advanced
Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Have a question, thought I should ask it here.
I just bought a 2018 FXDL (Soft Tail Low Rider) I am looking to do the stage 1 upgrade.
My Street tunner software comes up with every Map as A Twin Cooled, even lists 114 cu and 117 options.(which as yet you cant even buy) Obviously it's Oiled Cooled. Anyone have any Idea whats going on with this SNAFU ? By the way just about any fastener that isn't Torx is Metric. spoke to my local service department and was told Harley is switching to all Metric. As for as the tune, I have Quite a bit of experiance from my 17 Road King. My dealer says they can put the Slipons, Intake and Tune on for $350 labor, which is not going to happen. I need to use their tunner and slippons to keep it under Warranty. ( I've already had the King Wet sump and fry and was glad it was Warrantied.)

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread