Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mmesa005
Interesting that the reply I received from MyTune Tech Support is that there is a bug in the current version of the Street Tuner software. Your reply makes more sense. I am tempted to try using the Pro Software but don't want to brick my Tuner.

Thanks again for your replies.

Steven
The Pro Street Tuner will let you add a auto tune session or manually adjust the VE tables in the Working Table, not the original table. I don't see any reason why MyTune adjustments couldn't be added to your Map, but I've only actually used MyTune with my SE Pro Super Tuner on my 2013 Ultra... Just now getting back to a Street Tuner on my '17 due to the Frickin Warranty BS...

Old 10-01-2017, 04:35 PM
nocarb
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

ooops

Last edited by nocarb; 10-01-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:08 AM
sgr60
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi all -

Can someone recommend a map for me to start out with? I’ve got a SE super tuner which has been sitting in the box since the dealer did the stage 1 on my bike back in 2012. I’m installing cams now, so id like to get a good starting map loaded on the bike before I can get it over to the dyno tuner. Thanks guess all I have to buy is the cable?

Here’s what I’ve got:
2012 FLHX
SE air cleaner
Rush ceramic headers
Rinehart true duals
Andrews 57h cams
No headwork or anything else

Thanks.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:11 PM
PilgrimsDad
Advanced
Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by PilgrimsDad
Have a question, thought I should ask it here.
I just bought a 2018 FXDL (Soft Tail Low Rider) I am looking to do the stage 1 upgrade.
My Street tunner software comes up with every Map as A Twin Cooled, even lists 114 cu and 117 options.(which as yet you cant even buy) Obviously it's Oiled Cooled. Anyone have any Idea whats going on with this SNAFU ? By the way just about any fastener that isn't Torx is Metric. spoke to my local service department and was told Harley is switching to all Metric. As for as the tune, I have Quite a bit of experiance from my 17 Road King. My dealer says they can put the Slipons, Intake and Tune on for $350 labor, which is not going to happen. I need to use their tunner and slippons to keep it under Warranty. ( I've already had the King Wet sump and fry and was glad it was Warrantied.)
Harley finally got me an answer, the new Softail download maps merely have a typo that says they are Twin Cooled. This is supposed to be rectified in the next update. I put on the SE Slipons, Intake and dropped in the Stage 1 tune. Seat of the pants feel is significant and the Street Cannons sound very good. My bike isn't broken in yet, so I'm waiting, for miles to Smart Tune.

Last edited by PilgrimsDad; 10-14-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:53 AM
PilgrimsDad
Advanced
Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Default SE Street Tuner

Just saw the update for the HD Tuner A/O 11/16/17.
looks like they corrected the softails as being twin cooled and now there is a REV A for the 2018 softails and REV C for the 17 touring models.
Seems as they update almost as often as my Iphone.
which by the way I really wish you could run the software from your phone like an APP.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:38 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain
Received 79 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Folks,

This may have been asked before but I am having on heck of a time searching so here it goes...

I have a 2018 Road King Special approximately 500 miles, stock, however, I want to change/swap the air cleaner to either the SE ventilator or the heavy breather, add the SEPro/Street Tuner, but keep the stock pipes...my forth Harley and really am not want to change the factory stock muffler/pipes as I like the way the exhaust sounds.

Question to the group is, other than not allowing a free flowing exhaust:

1. Are there any short or long term issue?

2. Will the change marginally improve performance?

3. Will my current stock MPG @49mpg, decrease or increase?

4. Will I experience increase engine heat or higher temperature?

5. Will I get approximately 10% HP & Torque increase using my stock factory mufflers?

Will this just be a complete waste of money without changing the muffler to Vance & Hines HI Output which I was considering but I've heard, this pipe it could negatively impact low end torque due to its 4.5' diameter size.

Thanks for listening in advance...

Last edited by DC2009EGUC; 12-04-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:41 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by DC2009EGUC
Hi Folks,

This may have been asked before but I am having on heck of a time searching so here it goes...

I have a 2018 Road King Special approximately 500 miles, stock, however, I want to change/swap the air cleaner to either the SE ventilator or the heavy breather, add the SEPro/Street Tuner, but keep the stock pipes...my forth Harley and really am not want to change the factory stock muffler/pipes as I like the way the exhaust sounds.

Question to the group is, other than not allowing a free flowing exhaust:

1. Are there any short or long term issue?

2. Will the change marginally improve performance?

3. Will my current stock MPG @49mpg, decrease or increase?

4. Will I experience increase engine heat or higher temperature?

Will this just be a complete waste of money without changing the muffler to Vance & Hines HI Output which I was considering but I've heard, this pipe it could negatively impact low end torque due to its 4.5' diameter size.

Thanks for listening in advance...
In order:

1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Should be no significant change.
4. Should be no significant change.

Since you are only using genuine Harley-Davidson parts, and you are tuning the bike using a Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner, you're absolutely doing everything by the book.

Have fun!

Edit: Forgot to answer the last question! No, it won't be a complete waste of money.

However, adding a Vance & Hines exhaust could be problematic, particularly if it does not have a catalytic converter. At that point, trying to retune the bike using the Pro Street Tuner will no longer work, because it's not capable of handling the changes in air/fuel flow caused by the combination of both the air cleaner and exhaust. If you use another tuner, your powertrain warranty is void, as is the powertrain portion of your ESP, if you have one.

Last edited by IdahoHacker; 12-04-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:04 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
In order:

1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Should be no significant change.
4. Should be no significant change.

Since you are only using genuine Harley-Davidson parts, and you are tuning the bike using a Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner, you're absolutely doing everything by the book.

Have fun!

Edit: Forgot to answer the last question! No, it won't be a complete waste of money.

However, adding a Vance & Hines exhaust could be problematic, particularly if it does not have a catalytic converter. At that point, trying to retune the bike using the Pro Street Tuner will no longer work, because it's not capable of handling the changes in air/fuel flow caused by the combination of both the air cleaner and exhaust. If you use another tuner, your powertrain warranty is void, as is the powertrain portion of your ESP, if you have one.
Thanks for the response...with regard to the V&H Hi Output, I have no plans to change the stock headers and correctly me if I am wrong, have the CATs been moved to the mufflers on the M8 models?

I was under the impression that it was still on the stock headers...

I only have the standard two year factory warranty and yes, I have been made aware of third party tuners, other than SE, could void power train warranty...

One other question is, will I get approximately 10% HP & Torque increase using my stock factory mufflers?

Last edited by DC2009EGUC; 12-04-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:40 AM
Slingshot383
Road Master
Received 402 Likes on 286 Posts

Changing air cleaner assembly, changing mufflers and adding a tuner may or may not make a 10% change in the top numbers of torque and horsepower, but might increase the area under the curve, making more usable power throughout the rpm range. As long as you keep the stock headpipes, choice of muffler is up to you.

Old 12-06-2017, 03:34 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Slingshot383
Changing air cleaner assembly, changing mufflers and adding a tuner may or may not make a 10% change in the top numbers of torque and horsepower, but might increase the area under the curve, making more usable power throughout the rpm range. As long as you keep the stock headpipes, choice of muffler is up to you.
No plan on changing the stock headers/head pipes and the factory stock mufflers...would this setup still provide some torque or HP gain?

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread