Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 11:45 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by bbflhxs
So I just had the stage 4 kit installed on my 2018 flhxs. I’m running thunder header slip ons, which i am happy with, but I’d like to do a cat delete with a jackpot 2 1 2 header or something similar. My question is am I able to run a full exhaust without a cat while using the S.E. pro street tuner?
You mean, can you use the SE Pro Street Tuner to give an acceptable tune to your bike, with a non-Harley-Davidson exhaust system, with no catalytic converters?

No.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:31 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

You’re ok until you remove the cat. Thundercones are a bit too free flowing for best results without the cat.
Once you remove the cat the Street Tuner calibration will not allow enough fuel to compensate for the wide open exhaust.
Bob

Old 05-23-2018, 10:57 PM
DynaDaego
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hoping someone can recommend the best map for me. Using SEPro on 2014 Dyna. Stage 1 Harley filter and Python dual staggered pipes (basically VH Bigshots). All I am seeing is the basic stage one map option in my software and that seems conservative to me. Like there should be a next step up for the free flow pipes between the Stage 2. Any advice?

Last edited by DynaDaego; 05-23-2018 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:57 PM
jkhawaii
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaDaego
Hoping someone can recommend the best map for me. Using SEPro on 2014 Dyna. Stage 1 Harley filter and Python dual staggered pipes (basically VH Bigshots). All I am seeing is the basic stage one map option in my software and that seems conservative to me. Like there should be a next step up for the free flow pipes between the Stage 2. Any advice?
how about coping the map from the V&H FP3? Download the FP3 software, demo mode, copy the map.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:25 PM
DynaDaego
Advanced

Originally Posted by jkhawaii

how about coping the map from the V&H FP3? Download the FP3 software, demo mode, copy the map.

Thats a cool idea. Think results will be better than doing the record option and importing saved live data so Pro Tuner does whatever it does?

Old 05-24-2018, 03:54 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by DynaDaego

Thats a cool idea.. Think results will be better than doing the record option and importing saved live data so Pro Tuner does whatever it does?
There is no substitute for a well tuned bike. If you were to do a few SmartTunes your bike will run smoother, more responsive, and great mileage to boot!
Anything less is WAG assuming everything in the EFI is the same from bike to bike. Fuel injectors alone have a +/- 10+% output variance from spec’d values.
Anything mfg’d has production variances which require recalibration to get the best performance from any airflow changes such as exhaust, intake, cams, porting, etc.
HTH,
Bob

Old 05-24-2018, 06:15 PM
DynaDaego
Advanced

Originally Posted by jkhawaii

Unfortunately that approach isn't working out. It doesn't offer any laptop download options I can find and wants a ton of personal device info for me to access the google play store. Pretty lame.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:07 PM
NeedlesMN
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there – first post on the forum and was looking for some guidance in using the SESTP with my 2017 Roadster.

I've just installed the V&E Short shot exhaust system, with the SE Heavy Breather intake. There's no exact default map for this configuration, so I went with the basic Stage 1 option and SmartTune. The bike is running very lean, with lots of decel popping, even after I flashed the ECM with 3-4 Smart Tune recordings. I can tell when I'm riding that the engine just isn't getting enough fuel.

In evaluating the VE Tables in more detail, I noticed that the numbers for the Smart Tune VE tables never exactly match the Working VE tables, after I've updated them. In fact, when I've tried to increase some of the VE values in the Working tables, the application won't let me. For example, the Smart Tune VE Rear table shows a value of 73.3 at 1000 RPM at 0 Throttle. That same box is red in my Working VE Rear table with a value of 66.0, and when I update, it stays the same - 66.0. It doesn't turn turquoise and it won't allow me to manually increase the value. This is true of all the values in red on my "Working" VE Rear Table.

Is this a software limitation, in terms of how much I'm allowed to increase the VE Table values, or am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited by NeedlesMN; 05-28-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:05 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Can the end user of the SEPST bump up the rev limiter? I've seen dyno results showing 6250RPM's.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:26 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member

Sorry but the Street tuner is handcuffed to EPA emissions regs so if you change ANYTHING (by p/n) from the formula as set out by the approved stage kit, the results cannot be assumed to be attainable with that tool.
That said, a couple proper smart tunes should get he bike to run ok, maybe not the best but ok for sure.
Bob

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread