Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 06:34 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Don't ya love that when the dealer does something and doesn't tell you. The answer would be it's standard procedure. Reload the PV tune and be happy.

The following users liked this post:
LoneRiderFLH (08-19-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 01:11 PM
wadejesu
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Live Idle is not an active feature on the M8 bikes, however you can adjust the idle speed in your calibration in the WinPv software under Airflow>Idle RPM. If it is not showing as an active tune item you will need to simply update your tune. Make sure you have the latest firmware & tune database in your PV device and plug it in via USB, open your calibration, from the upper drop down menu select PowerVision>Update tune using PV and it will update your tune with the latest tables.
Is there a way to change engine temp from C to F in the tables?

Old 08-15-2018, 01:58 PM
shanneba
Road Warrior
Received 439 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by wadejesu
Is there a way to change engine temp from C to F in the tables?
If you asking about in the WinPV software, yes.

under the Setup menu , choose options, then click on "Units", you should see a drop down indicator that allows you to change between Imperial (F) and Metric (C).

Old 08-18-2018, 01:17 PM
wadejesu
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Another Question

In WinPV there are some yellow triangles on some of the tuning tables in the drop down tree, cubic inch displacement and the VE tables, what does that mean? these are on my 4th autotune session, also I noticed the CID went from 114 to 118.in the displacement table.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:14 PM
shanneba
Road Warrior
Received 439 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by wadejesu
In WinPV there are some yellow triangles on some of the tuning tables in the drop down tree, cubic inch displacement and the VE tables, what does that mean? these are on my 4th autotune session, also I noticed the CID went from 114 to 118.in the displacement table.
When you load a tune and then select a tune to compare to, the yellow triangles tell you which tables have differences.

If you open the table, there is "Delta" menu selection on the right side of the window (or under the compare menu) to show the differences.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:21 AM
LoneRiderFLH
Road Warrior
Received 949 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
Don't ya love that when the dealer does something and doesn't tell you. The answer would be it's standard procedure. Reload the PV tune and be happy.
Reloaded tune from PV and back to normal!! No doubt Dealer was dick’n around

The following users liked this post:
oldhippie (08-20-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 12:54 AM
UrbanRunner
Road Master

Received 367 Likes on 207 Posts
Default Fuel map or something else??

[Originally posted this in the Dyna section, hope for additional thoughts here]

Bike had a D&D Fat Cat exhaust w/ Louvered Baffles, SE Heavy Breather intake, and oil cooler with the stock cams. PV typically reported temps of 265-268 degrees unless stuck idling in traffic in the Texas summer, then it could go as high as 304 degrees. But would cool quickly once moving again.

Now with an upgrade to Andrews 57H cams and a new tune from Fuel Moto (plus 1 autotune session), my bike is running at 285 degrees on open interstate highway, and up to 313 degrees on slower neighborhood streets, haven't even tried it stuck idling in traffic. Today's 200-mile trip did show an improvement of over 1 mpg (for what that's worth). Bike also pulls and sounds better.

I have emailed a map modification request to Fuel Moto that they should find in their inbox on Monday. I had thought that the autotune session might clean up the heat issue - I thought wrong. Hope there is an easy fix and that it's not another issue (like the engine sumping??).

Old 08-29-2018, 04:11 PM
jrat69
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anybody got a copy of the PowerVision Log Tuner? I had it, but can not find it. Dynojet dosen't have it on their site anymore, and I didn't find it on FuelMoto's page.
Thank You

Old 08-29-2018, 04:35 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,165 Likes on 3,521 Posts

They phased that out like 4 years ago. I can't vouch for this website at all, so enter at your own risk. It claims to have the program available for download. If you contract a PC virus don't yell at me. LOL

https://power-vision-log-tuner.software.informer.com/

Old 09-02-2018, 02:51 AM
NorCal69
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2018 Fat Bob, 0 miles, TT & PV compliments of FM.

TT & PV ready for 1st tune upload that FM sent for my bike’s set up although the only map they had that came close to my bike’s set up had the HD 447 Torque Cam and not the HD 462 Power Cam I have installed. They said I’d have to “Fine Tune” their tune. Would anyone know where I’d start to fine tune their tune? Would I just start an Auto Tune session & refine the AT sessions from there?

Also looking through some Dyno Jet Youtubes I found this vid
. that references the PV “Quick Tune” screen(s):

“Configuration Tab” to turn ON or OFF:
1.) ACR
2.) Heated 02 Sensors

“Tweaks Tab” to turn ON or OFF:
1.) Adaptive

Any suggestions whether to turn ON or OFF the above Quick Tunes? Thanks

Last edited by NorCal69; 09-02-2018 at 02:57 AM. Reason: mis spelling

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread