Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

another ThunderMax ECM install

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:23 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another ThunderMax ECM install

Thanks Ron.

There isn't a whole lot of difference between any of the three maps. Personally I would like to see the cruise zone over 14 for the mileage. At 65 or 70 mph your not worried so much about a hot running engine. Ut Oh...I'm tweaking it already....

Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
rahall
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only reason I didn't include #391 is because I did't know anything about D+D Fat Cat exhaust.

I just figured they were duals and cruiser has stock headers.

That's the beauty of the Tmax, you can try an AFR of 14 in the cruise range without a dyno run.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:46 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That's the problem. Easy to tweak and don't cost anything. I say that I probably won't mess with it, but how can I resist at some point especially if changes are made. I too feel that many of the cruise range afrs are a tad rich. Damn , there I go againby not leaving well enough alone[:@]
Ron

Old 01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
rahall
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go ahead and tweak. That's the fun of it.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Mr.Taboo
6th Gear

I'd just like to thank all who've posted in this thread , I did a search and read thru quite a few threads and this one has answered almost all the questions I have.
I do have one more do I need to borrow a laptop do use a Tmax or can I load a base map and just pop in the unit and let it do it's thing?

Old 04-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Mr.Taboo
6th Gear

Meant to say load a base map with my desktop and go outside and install the Tmax.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:26 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In order to use your desktop you'll have to purchase a power supply from Zippers.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Mr.Taboo
6th Gear

Thanx for the reply.
I may just move my desktop out to the porch for a day , or see if I can bum a friends laptop.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:12 PM
ALEKATNM
Intermediate

THUNDERMAX HAS NO EQUAL!!! ANOTHER SATISFIED CUSTOMER!
Ihave tried the fuelpak and agree with most... it sucks! I bought an 02 removal tool from autozone and with a couple 6 inch extensions I had my sensors out in no time. the pipes I have on now are santee over unders. I had the bungs welded in at my indy for like 20 bucks, he even cut them out of my stock pipes.... thats what I call customere service. I also have the ness big sucker installed. The bike never ran well.... until..... I installed my THUNDERMAX. Install was a snap, had it in in just around an hour. The way it works is that you find a base map that is close to what you have and the autotune does the rest. Exhaust manufacturer is not key, only the style i.e...2-1, 2-2 and I believe with or without baffles does not matter. I havent had it on verylong, but it was incredible!!! Except that I am an idiot! I loaded the wrong map, one that had cam upgrade, and my bike still ran great. I was noticing a little hesitation in 6th, so I decided to check the map and guess what!? Yep, Im an idiot. Cleared the learned stuff and reloaded the new map and went for 20 mile ride, and guess what?! IT GOT BETTER!!! This week I am going to install my Klockwerk pipes and bub 7 mufflers and see what happens. I can't wait!!! Another cool feature I found out about is that YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE IT DYNOED! If you have a lap top and a saddle bag or a way to secure you computer to the bike you can record a ride and send it, with any concernsto zippers to be analyzed. They will then give you some recommendations. Somebody was saying that they have them for sell pretty cheap, I got mine from cyclespot for 6 and some change with autotune. If he can beat or come close to that price I would get it from him. You know he rides or at least visits us that do. BTW, Im cashing in my extended warranty to give to my local indy, I know him and he knows me. Bro's take care of Bro's!!

Old 09-09-2008, 01:08 PM
FLHXn
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone heard anything about Thunder max with auto tune for the 08 touring bikes? I want one really bad!

Quick Reply: another ThunderMax ECM install