Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

O2 Sensor eliminators

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 08:32 AM
SDrake65
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Sensor eliminators

Got an 06 NT with an 07 SERT installed, keep getting the P0134 DTC.
Where would the 02 eliminators be tucked away and what do they look like?
Thanks in advance.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,822 Likes on 18,576 Posts

I believe that the first year for O2 Sensors was 2007 ... Now maybe yours has them installed along with a lated ECM ?? Generally they are in the header pipe close to the exhaust port.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 AM
SDrake65
Advanced

Thanks Larry, But.... The O2 sensors were removed when I went with true duals. At that point they install plug in Eliminators, now this eliminator has either moisture in it from a 3hr ride in the rain last week or the resistor in it has gone bad, Just trying to get an idea where they would have stuffed these dead ended wires when they disconnect them from the O2 sensors. As well as what these eliminators might look like....

Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

The first year of the 02 sensors was 2006 in the Dyna models. The sensor bungs are located just a few inches downstream from the exhaust ports and in the exhaust header.

You can install 02 sensors on bikes as old as 2005 by simply following the part number and wiring info in the TTS Mastertune Manual. It's in the back, last few pages. The manual is available for free at the Mastertune.net site. Download the Updater zip file, unzip if, run it and select what part of the Mastertune software you would like to have.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:31 AM
SDrake65
Advanced

Please read my second post, are the eliminators tucked under the seat some place???

Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Drake....

Why would you have eliminators? Did your bike have an old PCIII or PCV on it?

If so, the eliminators would be at the end of the wires going to the 02 sensors. If you don't see them then you must trace them out from the ECM. The rear could be tucked under the battery area and the front could be tucked under the voltage regulator.

Find the 02 sensor wires and follow them to the end.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 AM
SDrake65
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Drake....

Why would you have eliminators? Did your bike have an old PCIII or PCV on it?

If so, the eliminators would be at the end of the wires going to the 02 sensors. If you don't see them then you must trace them out from the ECM. The rear could be tucked under the battery area and the front could be tucked under the voltage regulator.

Find the 02 sensor wires and follow them to the end.
Yes I have the Screaming eagle Race Tuner and The Samson BG3's which do not have the sensor bung holes.
Any idea what the eliminators look like?
Thanks

Old 05-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

This is getting more and more confusing by the post.

You don't use eliminators with the SERT. If you don't have pipes with the 02 bungs you simply put the SERT AFR tables in open loop. That would be anything outside or lower than 14.6 AFR.

Yes, I know what they look like. It's just a little plug that would be at the end of your cables coming from the ECM to where your 02 sensors should be. This little plug would have been installed at the end of each cable... that is... if you had them.

02 eliminators were only used with the old PCIII or the PCV by Power Commander. They can be purchased separately but again, you don't need them with the SERT. Maybe the reason why you can't find them is because you don't have them.

In 2006 Dyna models with the 96" motor was the first test year using the 02 sensors. The person who installed your head pipes purchased a model pipe without the sensor bungs. This is why you are getting the P0134 hard code. If you had eliminators you wouldn't be getting this code. If the calibration in the ECM was in open loop you shouldn't be getting this code either.

-Wiz

Old 05-20-2013, 01:55 PM
SDrake65
Advanced

Hi Wiz, let me elaborate.
Last week the bike was in the rain for 3 hrs, since then I have had engine light on. The DTC PO134 is an open O2 sensor/not responding.
Numerous posts have said that they get this code after the bike gets wet.
They recommend blowing out the eliminators applying dielectric grease on the connections and the code goes away. Spoke to the dealer that did the stage 1 set up back in 07, now maybe that don't know what they are talking about. Which would not surprise me. I am researching every avenue to correct the current issue. If there is no eliminators do they leave the plug ends open or some other way of terminating those leads?
Thanks again for your help.
SD

Old 05-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Have you tried clearing this code to see if it returns?

Again... highly doubtful you have eliminators.

Do you have any other symptoms?

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor eliminators