Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

ThunderMax question on why not to use handlebar OFF/RUN switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:13 AM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ThunderMax question on why not to use handlebar OFF/RUN switch

Two friends had TBW Thundermax systems/free-flowing exhaust and dynoing at a local bike rally here in Roanoke VA 2 weeks ago. They were both impressed with the HP increase/less heat on the right side. But they are bothered that they were told not to use the OFF/RUN switch on the handle bar and to only use the ignition switch in the center of the triple tree when they are to turn off their bikes. If they use the OFF/RUN switch they need to reinitialize the Thundermax with the cycling of the center ignition switch.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:47 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, tell them NOT to be so bothered I guess. That IS the proper way to turn off ANY touring bike with DBW, actually. This was a big issue for 08 and 09 touring bikes and MOCO semi fixed things starting with MY2010. Thunderheart must be having the same issues that MOCO did.

I am not sure about the TMax, but the Delphi ECMs would run a very high idle if shut off with the run/stop switch, and owners were told to use the ignition switch only.