Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

putting stock pipe's back on

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:59 PM
purple haze
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting stock pipe's back on

I have stupid question for wrench or someone who know's, O.K what would happen to bike after I put stock pipe's back on? would it run bad? I have s.e.r.t and D&D 2 in 1 header, which also tuned and dynoed for pipe, so if took off header and put stock pipe's back on, would it damage my bike? Do I need to remove s.e.r.t. first or at all? would bike run if removed the s.e.r.t? I have 06 C.V.O 103 C.I. Fat Boy, I need advice from someone that can help me do this, so any and all help would be useful to me, so Thank You for any and all help. TOM

Old 03-14-2007, 04:48 PM
JohnK/Pa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: putting stock pipe's back on

If your doing it just for a little while I wouldn't worry about it, the bike should just run a little on the rich side. If you have the map filethat was installed into the SERT then you could just change to a map for the stock exhaust or have it retuned for the different pipes. You don't need to remove the SERT, removing the SERT won't change anything it makes changes to the ECM program, it's not like a PC3 when you unhook it the map changes back.Hope this helps.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:27 PM
yukonjak
Stage I

Don't be scared to change your AFR settings on the chart that best describes your ride....SERT allows you to make changes at any point along the throttle curve....I use a laptop and a guy in a truck following me as I do 1/4 mile runs....any hiccups I experience in any throttle position allows me to either enrich or lean the AFR...it's as good as a dyno and is more accurate because you tune the bike to your riding style....the program is very simple to run and any changes can be zeroed to the original paramiters at any time...thatts the beauty of the SERT...you can do it instead of paying HD to flash your ECU at $150 a pop...

Old 03-17-2007, 10:01 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: purple haze

I have stupid question for wrench or someone who know's, O.K what would happen to bike after I put stock pipe's back on? would it run bad? I have s.e.r.t and D&D 2 in 1 header, which also tuned and dynoed for pipe, so if took off header and put stock pipe's back on, would it damage my bike? Do I need to remove s.e.r.t. first or at all? would bike run if removed the s.e.r.t? I have 06 C.V.O 103 C.I. Fat Boy, I need advice from someone that can help me do this, so any and all help would be useful to me, so Thank You for any and all help. TOM
Haze...why are you taking off the Fatcat?

Old 03-18-2007, 03:19 AM
purple haze
Road Master

I'm getting kind of worried about E.P.A. and my pipe has a performance baffleso it's on the loud side, but a tuned loud, and I think it sound's way harley should, but inspection time is not to far from being due and I'm not sure if they will pass me, so may have to lower my power by putting stock pipe's back on, then bagger chick well ride by me like I was standing still.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/BB29976620844F98B21586C3C589309F.jpg[/IMG]