Ironhead A place to talk about Ironheads.

XLH Battery Cover Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Inkydoggy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile XLH Battery Cover Sizes

I changed my 1975 XLCH over to electric start from the original kick start. I replaced the battery tray and battery and also the oil tank was replaced with the correct one for the side mount electric start models. What I need now to finish it up is the Measurements from someones bike that has this battery cover for the larger battery mounted under the seat in the center of the bike. Mainly need the cover measurement for the cover that goes around the sides of the battery as it looks like I will buy the top cover. I have plenty of sheet metal to bend my own to fit but just need the sizes of it complete so I can bend one up to fit correctly without a lot of touch an go bending.

Total length and height then where the bends go would be good enough for me.

Thanks,

Old 01-16-2014, 04:17 AM
Inkydoggy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Inkydoggy
I changed my 1975 XLCH over to electric start from the original kick start. I replaced the battery tray and battery and also the oil tank was replaced with the correct one for the side mount electric start models. What I need now to finish it up is the Measurements from someones bike that has this battery cover for the larger battery mounted under the seat in the center of the bike. Mainly need the cover measurement for the cover that goes around the sides of the battery as it looks like I will buy the top cover. I have plenty of sheet metal to bend my own to fit but just need the sizes of it complete so I can bend one up to fit correctly without a lot of touch an go bending.

Total length and height then where the bends go would be good enough for me.

Thanks,

Oh well got tired of waiting for this easy answer so I went to eBay for a set of the factory ones. Do not need the sizes anymore. I will post them after the factory ones get here and I measure them so in case anyone in the future needs the sizes they can make their own if they have the correct tools to do them up nice.