Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

NE FLA - The Rooster is open again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
I left yesterday with a friend of mine yesterday to go check it out. We left at about 12:30 and figured if the weather held out we could blast up I95 and make it there for the band at 2:00. No such luck. We got just past Daytona and it started downpouring. It was raining so hard we had to pull off under an overpass. There were about 6 other bikes there waiting also. once the rain slowed a little we figured if we could make it another couple miles to Destination Daytona we could wait out the rain with a hot dog and a cold beer. while eating my Hot dog I called Eddie and Paul to see if they wanted to go too. I had to leave a message for Eddie but it turned out the Paul was at DD too eating lunch at the restaurant. He came over and had a beer with us and decided to ride up to the Rooster too. We hit I95 again and sure enough it started to pour again. We had to stop briefly at another overpass but kept riding through the rain and eventually made it there at about 4:30. The Rooster was a cool place and the band was great but there wasn't as many people there as I expected. I guess it was because of the rain but I figured if I rode 100 miles in the rain to get there they should have been able to make it too.
The worst part was that Karen and Eddie were not there. Maybe next time we can plan it better. On the ride home we took US1 most of the way then blasted down 11 with only light rain. It was a great day and an awesome ride. I'm glad I went with the guys I did and not someone who would have wanted to turn back after it started to rain. Thanks for pointing this place out to me. It is a cool place and I'm sure I will be back there again.
Damn Honey! You guys were determined!!!!!! It never really rained hard at all at the Rooster. The crowd wasn't as large as it should have been and I know that was because of the weather but I would say there was at least 100 people there. I was definitely there!!!!! If you were there for the wet t-shirt contest then you saw me :-)

Let me know when you guys will be heading back up this way again! Sunday afternoons are the best especially when the weather's nice.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:04 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I enjoyed meeting you Karen. We couldn't stay for the wet-T and I was so looking forward to it. I looked for you to say bye but couldn't find you in the crowd. I'm sure I'll be seeing you again. BTW - Did you win?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:17 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea, I didn't realize that yesterday would be such a bar-hopping day for me. I started at the Cheyenne Saloon (east Palatka) before 11:00am, lunch & beers at Hooligans (at Destination Daytona), then caught up with Dale at Saints & Sinners (also at Destination Daytona) before deciding to ride up the the Rooster.

Plenty of rain to deal with, but the band sounded awesome at Roosters!

Old 08-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ken thompson
I enjoyed meeting you Karen. We couldn't stay for the wet-T and I was so looking forward to it. I looked for you to say bye but couldn't find you in the crowd. I'm sure I'll be seeing you again. BTW - Did you win?
I'm sorry I missed you! I'm sure our paths will cross again! ;-)

Nope didn't win! It's hard for us 48 years olds to keep up with the young ones! While mine are still decent, they aren't quite as perky as those 20 somethings! LOL

It was all in good fun though and we raised a lot of money for charity so that's what matters.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Yea, I didn't realize that yesterday would be such a bar-hopping day for me. I started at the Cheyenne Saloon (east Palatka) before 11:00am, lunch & beers at Hooligans (at Destination Daytona), then caught up with Dale at Saints & Sinners (also at Destination Daytona) before deciding to ride up the the Rooster.

Plenty of rain to deal with, but the band sounded awesome at Roosters!
I'm so sorry I missed you guys! You really need to come back up and LET ME KNOW! I wish the weather hadn't been so iffy. There would have been twice the turn out if the weather had been nice. But it's Florida, what can you do? I know I'll be back up there this Sunday.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:24 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter Wench
Damn Honey! You guys were determined!!!!!! It never really rained hard at all at the Rooster. The crowd wasn't as large as it should have been and I know that was because of the weather but I would say there was at least 100 people there. I was definitely there!!!!! If you were there for the wet t-shirt contest then you saw me :-)

Let me know when you guys will be heading back up this way again! Sunday afternoons are the best especially when the weather's nice.
HAAA The only wet T-shirt contest I saw was on the freeway.
Next time hopefully we can plan better and all meet up there for a good time. It isn't too far to ride up for an few hours.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:51 PM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dale that cell number is toast I lost it Getting another one this week I'll PM the new number

Old 08-18-2008, 06:04 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
Default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pizza man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Fatboy,

Did you buy the pizza? LOL

Looking forward to seeing you guys again at the Rally.

Take care.

Mike