Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8 problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 12:05 PM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

I keep reading how many M8 owners are describing their new rides as "Rocket Ships". I always laugh when I run across those comments.

When working at a BMW shop I sold a relatively new rider an older R65 (650cc, shaft drive, 45-50hp, 39lbft torque). He came back a day later just to tell me that it was....yep.....a "ROCKET SHIP"!

Obviously this term is very subjective. Having said that, it is exciting that the MOCO has come out with a new motor. I'm hoping that any problems cropping up with it are minor and are solved quickly.

I'm jealous of all you new M8 owners! Ride on!!!

Last edited by Yukon42; 09-22-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:35 AM
Roadsmoker
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bad Vehicle speed sensor o-ring

I own a 2017 Ultra Limited. Discovered a small pool of oil on motor the other day.
I took it in this week. They called and said it was a bad vehicle speed sensor o-ring.
I am picking it up today and will do about a 100 miles and test it out. So far that is the only issue I have had.
Other than that, it has been great!

The following 2 users liked this post by Roadsmoker:
16Slim (03-03-2018), bubbawisconsin (03-03-2017)
Old 09-24-2016, 09:28 PM
Luna1
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem m8 - 600 miles

Originally Posted by hardheaded
post problems with the new M8 engines here.
Have 2017 Street Glide about 600 miles on it . Washed it and the bottom plug wire pooped right off . Noticed the plug wire was corroded and burnt like it never was on from the start . Couldn't get the wire back on - it's one of the worst designed plug wire I've ever seen . It's locked it with some cheap metal clip . Anyway I'm a little pissed and signs are on that wire that it was never on right from the start . Just broke the motor in so now of course I'm worried if it broke in right with the front cylinder have a firing issue . Wanted to ask HD dealer to give me another bike ?? Any feedback here ??

Old 09-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,317 Likes on 3,664 Posts

Originally Posted by Luna1
Have 2017 Street Glide about 600 miles on it . Washed it and the bottom plug wire pooped right off . Noticed the plug wire was corroded and burnt like it never was on from the start . Couldn't get the wire back on - it's one of the worst designed plug wire I've ever seen . It's locked it with some cheap metal clip . Anyway I'm a little pissed and signs are on that wire that it was never on right from the start . Just broke the motor in so now of course I'm worried if it broke in right with the front cylinder have a firing issue . Wanted to ask HD dealer to give me another bike ?? Any feedback here ??
Yeah,

Be calm and get it fixed.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:12 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by bwoltz
Yeah,

Be calm and get it fixed.
Proud new owner of a 2017 Ultra Limited. Will post if any issues arise. Hopefully you never hear from me.

The following users liked this post:
psc (04-29-2017)
Old 09-26-2016, 12:07 AM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

I noticed the first day while riding with the sun at my back there's something on the inside of the speedometer glass. IDK if some sort of anti-fog coating is applied but what ever it is I can see 3 runs. As a matter of fact I can see the same thing on the inside of the tach glass as well, just not as pronounced. Oh well that's what warranty is for. After 5 years on my 2011 CVO it sure is nice riding without my right calf and thigh on fire! I was also please the Corbin Touring seat off my 2011 fit like a glove.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:29 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by LA VIC
I noticed the first day while riding with the sun at my back there's something on the inside of the speedometer glass. IDK if some sort of anti-fog coating is applied but what ever it is I can see 3 runs. As a matter of fact I can see the same thing on the inside of the tach glass as well, just not as pronounced. Oh well that's what warranty is for. After 5 years on my 2011 CVO it sure is nice riding without my right calf and thigh on fire! I was also please the Corbin Touring seat off my 2011 fit like a glove.
That is a know issue with previous models as well. Usually they are replaced under warranty.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:58 AM
jgrohio
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Just got back from a weekend riding the PA mountains and forests. About 550 miles of up and down twisty roads and loved every minute of the ride. I find the bike to handle and run great, the power curve just seems to be there no matter what Im riding. Already need my 1000 mile service and have had bike less than a week. I havent found as much as an oil weep any where on the bike and no other issues that Ive found either. Knock on wood Im looking at years of worry free riding!

MMCSKPD (10-14-2016)
Old 09-27-2016, 10:59 AM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Im glad the 103's had the rocker shaft tick fixed right after their 1st yr release and not let it go for the life of the production

RBWIDE (04-16-2017)
Old 09-27-2016, 12:16 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 688 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Luna1

Originally Posted by us1fountain
Im glad the 103's had the rocker shaft tick fixed right after their 1st yr release and not let it go for the life of the production
Sarcasm?

Quick Reply: M8 problems