Old 05-13-2018, 07:11 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,253 Likes on 3,627 Posts

Originally Posted by splattttttt
You know what I mean max
my wife’s sporty had a bad voltage reg and it did **** off the ecm
engine lights and codes after codes
Maybe just a slightglitch and not a total mess. But just enough to thow false codes
I would definitely think that when this occurs it more than likely a loose battery / ground terminal. Probably kills the regulator. There have been this type of issue all the way back to when bikes stopped using magnetos.

The following users liked this post:
splattttttt (05-13-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 05:54 AM
Billyhog
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

As many I sometimes get the irch to upgrade, and these problems Slumping and the Migration in the M8 are quite a headache which apparently has found no official fix from Harley.

So my questions are the following.
Slumping - reading a post here and there this seems to happen to upgraded 117 engines. Is that correct? Is there official news if this happens on standard 107 and 114 units (bikes new from the dealer).
Migration - the initial news on this forum was that this is happening on hydraulic clutch fitted touring chassis models. Is there any confirmation on this, and new Softails with cable cutch avid of this problem.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:24 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Originally Posted by Billyhog
As many I sometimes get the irch to upgrade, and these problems Slumping and the Migration in the M8 are quite a headache which apparently has found no official fix from Harley.

So my questions are the following.
Slumping - reading a post here and there this seems to happen to upgraded 117 engines. Is that correct? Is there official news if this happens on standard 107 and 114 units (bikes new from the dealer).
Migration - the initial news on this forum was that this is happening on hydraulic clutch fitted touring chassis models. Is there any confirmation on this, and new Softails with cable cutch avid of this problem.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Slumping is not an M8 problem, its a riding posture problem.

And yes there's official news of it happening on stock 107s. I've gone through 3 so far.

saddlebag (05-22-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 08:04 PM
Levy1
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Greg if you had any real intellect you would understand first that this forum is about H-D motorcycles, riding H-D motorcycles, modifying H-D motorcycles and having several of each family of H-D motorcycles it is likely that in one setting there would be something to post on germaine to the operant thread.

I would challenge you to identify one thread that I "lectured" anyone to do any particular action.

When the topic is octane I post what I use and what mods I made to successfully use it. There is no suggestion that anyone try what I do.

When the topic is heat the same thing what I do to minimize heat.

When the thread asks about any family i.e. Sportsters I post about Sportsters.

When the topic is winter riding, miles riden. places ridden to that is the topic of my post.

You seem to have forgot that you in your belligerent, obnoxious and delusional toned post claimed that I owned NO motorcycles resulted in me showing the folks on this thread that I indeed have a collection. In the world of bike collectors I am small potatoes. 20 miles from me is a collector who in one setting purchased 200 antique and classic bikes at three Las Vegas auctions last year. None of my bikes are historically significant. The oldest a 89 FXRS, 97 Softail Springer and a 2000 Deuce show bikes.

You have not achieved a level of maturity to understand that your words reflect back on you more than what you think you are denigrating someone else.

I have many friends in many walks of life. And at 75 have lost many of them. However for the first time I will mention the fact that many on this forum know me and have received needed parts from me that would be in the 4 digits in value. One example: A Street Bob owner in England posted that his wife wanted to ride and he was able to get a two up seat but did not have the funds for what the passenger pegs have cost. He wanted to know if anyone had used ones to sell. I had a take off set from a Fat Bob. I told him that I would send them gratis and only asked that he pay that forward if and when the opportunity came. Then one additional request. I asked that he send me a picture of him and his wife on the bike smiling. I could go on for many paragraphs from seats, foot pegs, tires to a motorcycle hitch and trailer. All with simply a request to pay it forward.

The bikes in my collection as small as it is are left in my will to St. Jude's.

So you see Greg you really do not know but a tiny fraction of who I am.

You seem to get very angry with me and post ridiculous statements. Have you considered professional help?

northshore_paul (05-18-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 02:13 PM
Reilo119
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Are these out yet? And what company?

Originally Posted by smitty901
I hear some well posted company is coming out with new rockers to correct the defective ones in the M8. And another well known company is building two stabilizers one for the front one for the rear to correct the death wobble.
This is my third Ultra and just traded my 12 limited for a 18 limited and it seems like there is quit a bit more wobble in my 18 that starts pretty consistently at 100mph?

Old 05-23-2018, 04:06 PM
the griff
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Migration

Yip i got it. Any fixes ?

Old 05-23-2018, 05:27 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,624 Likes on 1,530 Posts

Originally Posted by the griff
Yip i got it. Any fixes ?
You've already visited "The fix is in" thread. Seems to be the best fix thus far.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:30 AM
rkbagman
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Transmission leaking from shifter shaft again... only 1600 miles on 2017 Streetglide.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:24 PM
the griff
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by barneyboy
You've already visited "The fix is in" thread. Seems to be the best fix thus far.
yea i know. Just wondering what others think/ found !!! I like $tonecolds fix. Have you got it ?

Old 05-24-2018, 06:44 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,624 Likes on 1,530 Posts

Originally Posted by the griff
yea i know. Just wondering what others think/ found !!! I like $tonecolds fix. Have you got it ?
Fortunately, no transfer, or sumping yet (2018 FLHXS), been pulling the sticks as part of my pre-ride routine. As long as it's under warranty, I'll let HD apply their band-aids if issues arise.

Quick Reply: M8 problems