M8 problems - Page 164 - Harley Davidson Forums

Notices
Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion

M8 problems

  #1631  
Old 12-23-2018, 11:38 AM
Ddieselsmoke
Ddieselsmoke is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Xenia
Posts: 220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Surging idle, I'd check for an intake leak.
 
  #1632  
Old 12-24-2018, 11:37 AM
QNman's Avatar
QNman
QNman is online now
Supporter
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 3,285
Thanked 782 Times in 559 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ddieselsmoke View Post
Surging idle, I'd check for an intake leak.
Yeah, that.
 
  #1633  
Old 12-25-2018, 12:50 AM
Wizardofaus
Wizardofaus is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 788
Thanked 79 Times in 61 Posts
Default

I see no one mentioned taking it back to the dealer being itís only been installed like 6 months ago.

I bet the backplates either warped or it wasnít touqed down properly.

Dealers, canít trust them to do anything right.

Wiz 🙄
 
  #1634  
Old 12-25-2018, 09:49 AM
Jehu's Avatar
Jehu
Jehu is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location:
Posts: 848
Thanked 70 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wizardofaus View Post
I see no one mentioned taking it back to the dealer being itís only been installed like 6 months ago.

I bet the backplates either warped or it wasnít touqed down properly.

Dealers, canít trust them to do anything right.

Wiz 🙄
Yup, it's almost like they use poor service as a means of forcing you back so you can but a $40 T-Shirt or $20 key ring while you're stuck waiting.
 
  #1635  
Old 12-25-2018, 10:03 AM
Max Headflow's Avatar
Max Headflow
Max Headflow is online now
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: poway
Posts: 6,232
Thanked 881 Times in 736 Posts
Default

M8s use a plastic manifold which has a tendency to deform.probably excessive heat from sitting in traffic.
 
  #1636  
Old 12-25-2018, 12:17 PM
Wizardofaus
Wizardofaus is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 788
Thanked 79 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jehu View Post
Yup, it's almost like they use poor service as a means of forcing you back so you can but a $40 T-Shirt or $20 key ring while you're stuck waiting.
Well itís not like their supposed to be experts of the brand huh ?.
I just donít know how people can have any faith in what these guys do @ $85 bucks an hour, If only to keep their warranty in place for the first 2 years.
I mean **** , I canít even get a defective battery replaced so I hope they go bust the bastards.

Wiz 🤬
 
  #1637  
Old 12-25-2018, 05:25 PM
Keithhu's Avatar
Keithhu
Keithhu is offline
Extreme HDF Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 11,124
Thanked 746 Times in 497 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wizardofaus View Post


Well itís not like their supposed to be experts of the brand huh ?.
I just donít know how people can have any faith in what these guys do @ $85 bucks an hour, If only to keep their warranty in place for the first 2 years.
I mean **** , I canít even get a defective battery replaced so I hope they go bust the bastards.

Wiz 🤬
Only $85 an hour? Where do you live? I'm moving there....
 
  #1638  
Old 12-25-2018, 05:30 PM
Bpeer1
Bpeer1 is offline
New Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Colorado
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Keithhu View Post
Only $85 an hour? Where do you live? I'm moving there....
Better yet, learn to do it yourself.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
smokingjoe
Milwaukee Eight (M8)
756
Today 10:06 AM
dykas
Milwaukee Eight (M8)
57
08-05-2018 01:30 AM
Max Headflow
Milwaukee Eight (M8)
63
05-25-2018 12:39 AM
shootist
Milwaukee Eight (M8)
34
05-23-2018 05:26 PM
Ultra2017dave
Milwaukee Eight (M8)
48
12-31-2017 10:08 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: M8 problems


Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: