Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 03:04 PM
imchuckm
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Installed the Electra Glo™ Keystone Auxiliary LED Run/Brake/Turn Lamps. Easy install, great look and I loved the plug and play hookup.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:09 PM
CR3999
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by imchuckm
Installed the Electra Glo™ Keystone Auxiliary LED Run/Brake/Turn Lamps. Easy install, great look and I loved the plug and play hookup.

The following users liked this post:
bulletcrmc (07-10-2018)
Old 10-20-2016, 01:44 PM
BlkHillsBagger
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Swapped out my hand adjustable rear shocks for some Ohlins I kept back from my '13. Took a test putt out Nemo Rd to Vanocker Canyon, out to Sturgis. Came home on I-90 to let her have her legs. Bike ran great. I have to say, I've had 4 Ultras now. This is the first with a detachable Tour-Pak. Sure like the way it rides.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?-img_0295.jpg   What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?-img_0301.jpg  

Last edited by BlkHillsBagger; 10-20-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:07 PM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

Installed my lowers off ebay. They bolted right on. Perfect for the cool weather. The black works well with the other parts.

Name:  20161022_114934_zpscs8rhftg.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  287.4 KB

Old 10-24-2016, 11:58 AM
Hephaestus
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 59 Posts

sharp bike!.So how do you like the boom stage 2?.did you just do the fairing speakers or do you have the lid speakers to?. Im considering doing the stage 2 on mine but I have only heard it in the display, not on a bike yet.
Originally Posted by Gritz72

Few Updates
Couple of updates:
1. Chizeled Batwing Bars
2. Boom! Stage 2
3. K&N High Flow Filter
4. SE Slip Ons
5. Tuner and Dyno'd 83HP and 105 Ft-LBS

I would like to find better clutch and brake cables at the bars. I do like the chizeled bars. They are very comfortable. Although, I think they woudl be improved if they were turned in just a bit.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:48 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Hephaestus
So how do you like the boom stage 2?.did you just do the fairing speakers or do you have the lid speakers to?. Im considering doing the stage 2 on mine but I have only heard it in the display, not on a bike yet.

My bike has the Boom 2 (2 amps, 4 speakers). While it does sound good, it in no way sounds like the displays in the stores do. I'm going to add the lower fairing speakers and a 3rd amp for more sound. Not the best plan for the money required, but I prefer the stock plug and play. Plus it sounds good enough, don't need the best.

Hephaestus (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 09:04 AM
FloridaHD
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlkHillsBagger
Swapped out my hand adjustable rear shocks for some Ohlins I kept back from my '13. Took a test putt out Nemo Rd to Vanocker Canyon, out to Sturgis. Came home on I-90 to let her have her legs. Bike ran great. I have to say, I've had 4 Ultras now. This is the first with a detachable Tour-Pak. Sure like the way it rides.

I am looking to do a lot what you have already done. I am getting ready to purchase the stage III and detachable tour pack. I also have a 17 Ultra Limited. Just hit 600 miles on her. You mentioned you have headers? I am looking at V&H myself. What tuner did you use?

Bike looking good BTW, nice country shots you got there!

Old 10-25-2016, 09:11 AM
Gritz72
Supporter
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like the Boom! Stage 2. I had it installed in the Fairing Only. It is more than enough sound for me....I can really crank it up. I listen to all types of music...and have not been dissapointed in any. I listen on the radio, XM, and through my Ipod. All sound good.

I am considering adding SaddleBag lid speakers, but I would like to find a CVO styled stretched bag to go with it. So I will wait until the right thing comes along.

I am sure there are better, however, I am not an audiophile. I like some music and I like to hear it when I roll on the throttle. So this fits the bill.

Hephaestus (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 09:14 PM
Hephaestus
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by us1fountain
My bike has the Boom 2 (2 amps, 4 speakers). While it does sound good, it in no way sounds like the displays in the stores do. I'm going to add the lower fairing speakers and a 3rd amp for more sound. Not the best plan for the money required, but I prefer the stock plug and play. Plus it sounds good enough, don't need the best.
Originally Posted by Gritz72
I really like the Boom! Stage 2. I had it installed in the Fairing Only. It is more than enough sound for me....I can really crank it up. I listen to all types of music...and have not been dissapointed in any. I listen on the radio, XM, and through my Ipod. All sound good.

I am considering adding SaddleBag lid speakers, but I would like to find a CVO styled stretched bag to go with it. So I will wait until the right thing comes along.

I am sure there are better, however, I am not an audiophile. I like some music and I like to hear it when I roll on the throttle. So this fits the bill.
Thanks guys. Ive heard both good and bad about the Boom stage 2. I know there are better aftermarket systems out there but I also know the motor Company is less likely to give a hard time if warranty issues come into play and the dealer sees a boom system installed, and as you both pointed out, the boom stage 2 is expandable to the bags and lowers as well.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:14 PM
fourburgs
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Installed my Screaming eagle air kit ..Vance and Hines FP-3 and pre ordered my VH slip-ons

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?