Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 08:58 AM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
Im not real hard on brakes, down shift before I use brakes. Ride my bikes the same, heck KING is built also. This is only bike I have had rotor issues.
Wasn't 2019 the first year for the 21" front tire on the CVO RG? If so, could that in some way play a role in the rotor issue?

Old 01-16-2021, 09:21 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,650 Likes on 5,190 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Cant you get a paint code for non cvo models?
Paint code is a starting point to get it right the painter needs to do their thing with colors like this. Paint code is easy to get. Having a painted part ensures a good match. Same painter did the sidecar to match the 2017 RGU and did a prefect job.
The sidecar is being fully refurbished after plenty of use. . Will be attached to the new 2020 RG limited the colors must match.
The Zephyr Blue is one that has a different appearance depending on light and angle you look at it. Much more than others. At times it even looks almost purple.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:18 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 634 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by Grullo
LOL....na.....I think I would get tired of the heat year round. I like the four seasons. Besides, I couldn't live in the city.....best part of city is seeing it in rear view mirror! And the thought of having to move all the stuff I have....mind boggling. I will stay here and let someone else worry about moving it....lol.
Where you at dude? Do you heat with wood? I'm southern maine, 45 and raining hard with 15mph winds all day today. I did take a two hour ride yesterday in 40 degrees. Really too cold to enjoy, but just installed the WOOD 22X-E cam with powervision & Dyno tune, so I HAD to try it! It's a beast at 3K RPM & above...happy happy!
Dyno numbers came out 102HP @ 5K and 130fp torque @ 3.55K RPM...
Just bought the Fuelmoto 6" tunable inserts to bring up the early numbers. Then will be PERFECTO!

Old 01-16-2021, 10:22 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 634 Likes on 455 Posts

...just installed the WOOD 22X-E cam with Dynojet Powervision & Dyno tune, so I HAD to try it! It's a beast at 3K RPM & above...happy happy!
Dyno numbers came out 102HP @ 5K and 130fp torque @ 3.55K ...
Just bought the Fuelmoto 6" tunable inserts to bring up the early numbers. Then will be PERFECTO!

Old 01-16-2021, 08:53 PM
Grullo
Intermediate
Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

I live a mile or so outside of a small town called Killarney, in Manitoba, Canada. I do have a woodstove in basement....but main heater is electric furnace. Wood heat is the nicest...real comfortable, dry heat. Nice and toasty in basement when watching tv or on computer. Floors always warm. I'm semi retired, work mostly in summer (Refrigeration / A/C mechanic, self employed) and in winter I just putter around. Do my own thing, play with other toys, coffee shop with the guys....tour around....etc. I'm 11 miles north of US/Canada Border, skip south once in a while.....but it isn't any warmer 50 miles south of here either....lol.

Old 01-16-2021, 08:57 PM
Grullo
Intermediate
Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon Bassett
Where you at dude? Do you heat with wood? I'm southern maine, 45 and raining hard with 15mph winds all day today. I did take a two hour ride yesterday in 40 degrees. Really too cold to enjoy, but just installed the WOOD 22X-E cam with powervision & Dyno tune, so I HAD to try it! It's a beast at 3K RPM & above...happy happy!
Dyno numbers came out 102HP @ 5K and 130fp torque @ 3.55K RPM...

I live about a mile outside of a small town called Killarney, in Manitoba, Canada. I do have a woodstove in basement....but main heat is electric furnace. Wood heat is the nicest...real comfortable, dry heat. Nice and toasty in basement when watching tv or on computer. Floors always warm. I'm semi retired, work mostly in summer (Refrigeration / A/C mechanic, self employed) and in winter I just putter around. Do my own thing, play with other toys, coffee shop with the guys....tour around....etc. I'm 11 miles north of US/Canada Border, skip south once in a while.....but it isn't any warmer 50 miles south of here either....lol.

The following 2 users liked this post by Grullo:
Oil, Gas & Leather (01-17-2021), SWMB (01-17-2021)
Old 01-16-2021, 09:46 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,590 Likes on 4,448 Posts

Im not real hard on brakes, down shift before I use brakes. Ride my bikes the same, heck KING is built also. This is only bike I have had rotor issues.
I always use them both simultaneously and not shy about cranking down on them..just how I learned to ride and race decades ago and happens automatically

Old 01-16-2021, 10:09 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,320 Likes on 11,161 Posts

Fixing a chip in my saddle bag. Looks like I took a round...

Old 01-17-2021, 06:41 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,966 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Xcrossbow
Wasn't 2019 the first year for the 21" front tire on the CVO RG? If so, could that in some way play a role in the rotor issue?
Nope, my 2018 Gunship Gray CVO road glide was the first year of 21 Front Tire. Never had an issue with brakes on that one in 24K miles, Replaced two sets on the 2019 in less miles than that.

Originally Posted by mjwebb
I always use them both simultaneously and not shy about cranking down on them..just how I learned to ride and race decades ago and happens automatically
The 19 has linked brakes. So it should apply them both. That side, I use them both simultaneously.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:40 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,590 Likes on 4,448 Posts

The 19 has linked brakes. So it should apply them both. That side, I use them both simultaneously.
yeah, got over 80,000 miles on reflex linked brakes beginning with my Rushmore RK...after so long brain and muscle memory never allowed me to brake using just one control..it's 100% both each and every time they are used..which I believe is the safest habit to be into anyway......imagine a deer running out in front of us and going 80....I know with certainty I will be hammering both automatically as hard as I can and the ABS should keep me in control

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?