Sponsored by:

It's slip on's time

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 05:26 PM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
whatever turns the women on is always the right choice! 55, married and my wife gets turned on when she hears me pulling down the hallway with the Hoover
OK, that was freaking hilarious!!! I am in the same boat.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:54 PM
riknbeth
Road Master

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Heard a set of street canons while at the dealer, didn't notice enough difference to justify the price tag.
I went with the street cannons because that is all that was available when I bought my bike. I will say I checked the decibel level after install then again after 700 miles. After 700 miles the decibel level went up 8%, definitely noticeable. Deeper sound at idle. Was told the street cannons will continue to get louder with more miles. I always went V&H historically and is what I put on my wife's bike (which are definitely loud). But I must say I will likely stay with the street cannons. Lot of options out there now. I have heard many after market pipes installed at my dealer, all good choices.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:58 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Performance, sound and quality. RC Components 4" RCX
Best quality, performance sound, Used take off CVO mufflers, Fullsac baffle mod, 2" baffle, this whole set up will cost less the $350

Old 01-07-2017, 07:22 PM
BlkHillsBagger
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
So I get the Road King home and first thing the little woman says is " it's too quiet can you make it louder ? ", gotta love a good woman. Thing is being in cali and I want to keep it somewhat compliant and just bump the tone some preferably and not have to buy another tuner over the one it just got for the SE air cleaner, looking for suggestions here.

Fuel Moto's got the Jackpot M8 4" Slash mufflers I've heard about , anybody running them or comparable and will I have to dick another tuner ?
I have the Street Tuner at the moment. I took off my Street Cannons and installed the Fuel Moto High Rollers. I did it for clearance issues with extended bags, rather than sound. It didn't require any changes in the tune, runs great.

The following users liked this post:
TwiZted Biker (01-07-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 07:30 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by riknbeth
I went with the street cannons because that is all that was available when I bought my bike. I will say I checked the decibel level after install then again after 700 miles. After 700 miles the decibel level went up 8%, definitely noticeable. Deeper sound at idle. Was told the street cannons will continue to get louder with more miles. I always went V&H historically and is what I put on my wife's bike (which are definitely loud). But I must say I will likely stay with the street cannons. Lot of options out there now. I have heard many after market pipes installed at my dealer, all good choices.
Just about drove myself crazy searching the interwebz, dropping by dealers, hanging around bike spots, etc looking for a set of mufflers. Seriously, it had become borderline obsessive. Recently we got a break from several weeks of bitter cold weather, and I got a chance to get in a couple of decent rides. Hard to believe, but I was pleasantly surprised with the stock exhaust. It really does (IMHO) have a sweet 'purr', good tone, and opens up nicely when grabbing the throttle. All that said, it would be perfection to have just a little more volume. Seems like from all reports the Street Cannons deliver just that, and even more so after a break in period. Would you agree?

Is your wife's bike an M8? Sounds like the V&H deliver more volume than I'm looking for.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:17 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,544 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
Just about drove myself crazy searching the interwebz, dropping by dealers, hanging around bike spots, etc looking for a set of mufflers. Seriously, it had become borderline obsessive. Recently we got a break from several weeks of bitter cold weather, and I got a chance to get in a couple of decent rides. Hard to believe, but I was pleasantly surprised with the stock exhaust. It really does (IMHO) have a sweet 'purr', good tone, and opens up nicely when grabbing the throttle. All that said, it would be perfection to have just a little more volume. Seems like from all reports the Street Cannons deliver just that, and even more so after a break in period. Would you agree?

Is your wife's bike an M8? Sounds like the V&H deliver more volume than I'm looking for.
I was really impressed with the overall look, tone and sound of the OEM's mufflers as well..best ever IMO. I contemplated just leaving them on which would have been unprecedented for me, usually within a week they are off. I waited for two months and then decided on the street canons mainly because of the Winter Sale deal and glad I did, like you said, "to have just a little more volume" plus they look stouter and evacuate exhaust more effectively

The following 2 users liked this post by mjwebb:
Phalanx06 (01-09-2017), YammyDrummer (01-07-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Ashnic
Road Warrior
Received 270 Likes on 107 Posts

I put the rineharts on and love the deep tone..being dead of winter not had a chance to burn them in yet...but at idle they sound great..

Old 01-07-2017, 08:43 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior

Really like the looks of Cobra's 909's, but can't find any sound clips.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:45 PM
riknbeth
Road Master

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
Seems like from all reports the Street Cannons deliver just that, and even more so after a break in period. Would you agree?
Yes. Folks said they would get louder and they did.

Is your wife's bike an M8?
Nope. It's a Fatboy S. Added slip-on's since it was not loud enough for her. Actaully I put V&H slash cut slip-on's with the quite baffles. The decibel level between hers and mine (after 700 miles) is the same.
Sounds like the V&H deliver more volume than I'm looking for.
Not sure what you mean by volume. On my Breakout (which I traded for an Ultra M8) I had V&H 2 into 2 pipes (very loud). Loved them, but I am going to stick with the street cannons, don't see the point in spending another $400 for something else. They sound good to me.
See above

The following users liked this post:
YammyDrummer (01-07-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 08:55 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mjwebb
I was really impressed with the overall look, tone and sound of the OEM's mufflers as well..best ever IMO. I contemplated just leaving them on which would have been unprecedented for me, usually within a week they are off. I waited for two months and then decided on the street canons mainly because of the Winter Sale deal and glad I did, like you said, "to have just a little more volume" plus they look stouter and evacuate exhaust more effectively
Thanks, MJ. Historically I've been exactly the same...stockers gotta go immediately! But I left them on because the only thing available at the time of purchase were the Street Cannons, and for the same reason as the OP I couldn't justify the expense when they didn't sound any different to me on the showroom floor. But now I keep reading more and more favorable reviews, and the increase in volume after a short break-in period.

As far as looks, I personally prefer the 4" over the larger 4.5". Not really sure why cause the Street Cannons are most definitely eye catching!

Quick Reply: It's slip on's time