Sponsored by:

Cobra Neighbor Haters

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by JLOMBARDI
Did you put a tuner on or just slip ons?
Just slipons for me.

Old 03-31-2019, 12:37 AM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Received 281 Likes on 140 Posts

Anyone else experiencing drone with the NHs? I put them on my 19 RGU and the drone kinda sucks. Drowns out my stereo and rattles my brain. I love their sound but if they keep droning I’m gonna have to take them off.

Stock headpipe, air cleaner and tune

Old 04-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Ryan130
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was considering NHs on my 18" Slim, but I am in the military and currently live on-base in Germany and I am concerened my neighbors will lose their **** when I leave for work in the a.m. I see a few people saying they aren't as loud as they expected, so I don't know if I am concerned for no reason.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:17 AM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ryan130
I was considering NHs on my 18" Slim, but I am in the military and currently live on-base in Germany and I am concerened my neighbors will lose their **** when I leave for work in the a.m. I see a few people saying they aren't as loud as they expected, so I don't know if I am concerned for no reason.
I haven’t heard them on a softail but they're kinda loud on the touring. I putt really slow out of the neighborhood in the morning lol

Old 04-12-2019, 08:39 AM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BoneGlide
I was not particularly happy with the sound of the haters, but before I elected to change the head pipes or Decat them I decided to do a DIY two into one and I actually like these quite a bit now. The sound is much different than the 2 into 2 with the haters. There is also a lot more airflow... more than you would expect with that choking roll of toilet paper catalytic converter in the way.
I know it’s hard to explain the sound but how is it different? Did you notice any drone above 3000 rpm before? Did it go away? I also wonder about the empty pipe where you capped it off causing bad turbulence for the exhaust flow. Did you notice a change in power for better or worse? I also wonder what the moco will say since you technically modified the exhaust. I know it shouldn’t matter since you still have the cat but I’d hate to lose my warranty on a new bike.

I love the way it looks btw and I’m glad you figured out what cap fits on there. Thanks for sharing the info! I love the way the haters sound but the drone above 3k is annoying me.

Last edited by azgrumbles; 04-12-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:15 AM
cbrenthus
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,574 Likes on 662 Posts

These all sound much better than my current slip ons!

Old 04-14-2019, 11:00 AM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Well after a ride with the wife yesterday I took them off. We both like the sound but on the highway it’s too annoying. Can’t hear the stereo very well and it was harder to chat back and forth. This is my daily driver and tourer so I put the street cannons back on for now. I can’t believe how quiet the cannons are. It sounds stock again.

Old 04-14-2019, 04:35 PM
jlip06
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan130
They are definitely not as loud as some folks on here put on, especially at idle. Full throttle is pretty good but it's nothing like having a full Vance and Hines system on my last bike. Exhaust sound, loudness and tone is super subjective though. Get the sound you want and roll with it. I'm gonna be getting rid of my neighbor haters for the Tab zombie set up.

Living on base puts you in a predicament. You know how spouses and certain people can get. I don't think many people would have too much of problem as long as your not ripping through base housing all the time and at the darkest hours of the night.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:52 PM
Nipdawg
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Cobra NH slip-ons arrived, now I just need to find time to put them on. After reading this thread and other information on these slip-ons for the 17 FLHXS, I hope these sound good when I put them on. I am taking off the stock mufflers. The ECU should auto-configure to these pipes with no other mods to the bike.

Thanks for everyone feedback and information in this thread.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:50 PM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Nipdawg
The Cobra NH slip-ons arrived, now I just need to find time to put them on. After reading this thread and other information on these slip-ons for the 17 FLHXS, I hope these sound good when I put them on. I am taking off the stock mufflers. The ECU should auto-configure to these pipes with no other mods to the bike.

Thanks for everyone feedback and information in this thread.
I think they have the best sound on the M8. Having said that, they were too loud for me. I sold them last night to a very happy customer. It only takes like 20 min to swap out, unless the stock ones are stuck on. The right one is a pita.

Quick Reply: Cobra Neighbor Haters