Sponsored by:

Is waving a things of the past?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 05:56 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by stixvrad
I stand corrected then..... If you think THIS is beaten to death, head over the "octane" thread.. holy smokes...
what ever you do, don't get em started on ear plugs.

The following users liked this post:
stixvrad (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Recan
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by psyshack
I wave if it's safe to do so. If the wifes on back and she knows I'm busy she's fast to get a hand out. But she will not wave at a tricycle. Any three wheeler. She flat out does not like the trikes at all. I could cheat on her and do all sorts of bad husband stuff and she would stick with me. I ride a trike,,, she's gone.
Bless her heart.

stixvrad (03-02-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 04:12 PM
toppy
Road Captain
Received 152 Likes on 99 Posts

I'll wave at anyone... even the scooters.

its fun to see their faces light up..

Hogdoc45 (03-02-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 04:14 PM
toppy
Road Captain
Received 152 Likes on 99 Posts

I stand corrected then..... If you think THIS is beaten to death, head over the "octane" thread.. holy smokes...
ohh octane, what would you recommend cause i know that the manual says...

Old 03-01-2017, 07:26 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

waving, octane, oil, helmets, seat recommendations, wearing Harley logo clothing, club patches, footwear, and best motorcycle jack...

take your pick, half the topics on the forums are "beat to death" in somebody's opinion. Just about all the above get done on at least a monthly basis.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:03 AM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by toppy
I'll wave at anyone... even the scooters.

its fun to see their faces light up..
I rented one of these in Newport, RI. I waved to a group of riders. They almost crashed laughing their azzes off!

Old 03-02-2017, 11:36 AM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,103 Likes on 3,334 Posts

Originally Posted by toppy
ohh octane, what would you recommend cause i know that the manual says...

Oh nooooooo !!! LOL...

Old 03-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 678 Likes on 353 Posts

I wave when I'm not preoccupied.

I had to run and pick up a meter from our electrical supplier's warehouse. I was trying to focus on the GPS, traffic, road condition, etc. I caught a glimpse of a guy on a metric cruiser headed the other way. He was waving like it was his job, while looking at me. I was already past him, but I looked in my rear view to see what he was riding. At that moment I saw smoke come off his front tire, he went into a wobble turned tank slapper, then flew like superman into the ditch as his bike glanced off the car stopped in front of him making a left turn. Must have been so preoccupied waving that he forgot to watch in front of him. I felt awful, because I was on a time crunch to get to the warehouse before they closed. Otherwise I would have turned around to help him out. Waving can be dangerous. Wave with caution.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:42 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by Buelligan666
I wave when I'm not preoccupied.

I had to run and pick up a meter from our electrical supplier's warehouse. I was trying to focus on the GPS, traffic, road condition, etc. I caught a glimpse of a guy on a metric cruiser headed the other way. He was waving like it was his job, while looking at me. I was already past him, but I looked in my rear view to see what he was riding. At that moment I saw smoke come off his front tire, he went into a wobble turned tank slapper, then flew like superman into the ditch as his bike glanced off the car stopped in front of him making a left turn. Must have been so preoccupied waving that he forgot to watch in front of him. I felt awful, because I was on a time crunch to get to the warehouse before they closed. Otherwise I would have turned around to help him out. Waving can be dangerous. Wave with caution.
Ouch! I suppose this story can safely go on the "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" list.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:24 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,537 Likes on 1,310 Posts

Originally Posted by rjjj629
waving, octane, oil, helmets, seat recommendations, wearing Harley logo clothing, club patches, footwear, and best motorcycle jack...take your pick, half the topics on the forums are "beat to death" in somebody's opinion. Just about all the above get done on at least a monthly basis.
I think you have left out the one important mitigating factor, It is calling for snow at my home until Tuesday evening. I am bumping up against the walls and ready to rehash any topic as when I am crazy like this, even oil, octane, helmets, seats, waves, Torx, are better for me than trying to watch "Wild Hogs" or "Worlds Fastest Indian" or some other DVD over and over again. The whisky is holding out, but even my girlfriend is saying I am crazy. If I ever see that son-of-a-bitch groundhog, he's dead meat. Each morning when I wake up and look outside, it seems to me I can hear Sonny and Cher singing and "it's cold outside"

Quick Reply: Is waving a things of the past?