Sponsored by:

milwaukee 8 exhaust not loud enough

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 09:07 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,544 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKRKS
I read this all the time, but at the same time dealers all over this country are removing the headers and putting on aftermarket headers, right at the dealership. Friend of mine just had this done in his dealer said it will do nothing to the warranty. They told him as long as he uses the screaming Eagle race tuner it will be no problem. Unless the motor company can prove those after market headers are the cause of the particular engine failure I don't buy the warranty is void. As long as your dealer does the work I wouldn't think twice about it. The same argument has been going on for years, and the warranty has not been affected in any case I know of.
I'd definitely think twice..aftermarket tuner is a no brainer for voiding warranty..but catless head pipes circumvent EPA compliance which is what this is all about..won't surprise me in the least if warranties claims are denied for engines with non EPA compliant exhaust..and why would anyone use the SEPST with catless exhaust anyway...

The following users liked this post:
INJEKTER (07-19-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 09:20 PM
BLKDLX
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
I'd definitely think twice..aftermarket tuner is a no brainer for voiding warranty..but catless head pipes circumvent EPA compliance which is what this is all about..won't surprise me in the least if warranties claims are denied for engines with non EPA compliant exhaust..and why would anyone use the SEPST with catless exhaust anyway...
all I'm saying is I've been hearing the same song and dance for five years and longer, and at the same time unless they can point the failure to the aftermarket add-ons, I've never heard of a warranty been voided. This is the same BS just a different year. I agree putting on somebody else's tuner would void the warranty.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:25 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,277 Likes on 11,145 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardToscano
I installed Vance and Hines Power Duels and put the stock mufflers back on, louder than stock of course because no CAT but not to loud. Bikes runs nice and cool, remapped with FP3
As said before...say good bye to the warranty.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:28 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,544 Likes on 4,431 Posts

all I'm saying is I've been hearing the same song and dance for five years and longer, and at the same time unless they can point the failure to the aftermarket add-ons, I've never heard of a warranty been voided. This is the same BS just a different year. I agree putting on somebody else's tuner would void the warranty.
we'll see I guess

Old 07-09-2017, 10:00 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 134 Posts

Things are a little different starting in 2017 in regards to EPA compliance and warranties. But I've never needed warranty repairs or purchased ESP so I won't be succumbing to inferior Screaming Duck products on my bike.

tberg725 (05-27-2020)
Old 07-09-2017, 10:08 PM
BLKDLX
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

And no back to the show...... I think the OP was asking about exhaust solutions.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:17 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 134 Posts

Losing the cat brings the volume up a bit but not huge.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Trudger1272
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

You're right from what I'm always told. I've interrogated the dealership guys a few times since getting my bike and I'm repeatedly assured that only the tuner voids the warranty. I've been learning to handle my own mods myself on my first bike while keeping my warranty intact and so far my dealer has been very supportive.

Now I'm here learning about the big dawgs! I'll have that Road King w/ Apes someday!

Last edited by Trudger1272; 07-09-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:36 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

I have heard systems with and without the cat and there is not a whole lot of difference. The motor is just not as loud as a twin cam. I would guess an aftermarket cam would make a difference.

As far as aftermarket headers are concerned I am not certain that you can correct the fuel enough with the SE tuner on a really open free flowing system. That would be my only concern. I think the dealerships will work with you on the headers but if your on a trip and end up with a problem at an unfamiliar dealership I wouldn't expect them to look the other way when they didn't make any money on the sale or installation of the system.

PHX M8 (07-16-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 06:40 AM
JWP07
Tourer
Received 104 Likes on 60 Posts

So how bout slip ons? SE seem to get mixed reviews so I have been looking at VH twin slash....don't want to shake the neighborhoods...just something more than stock..

Quick Reply: milwaukee 8 exhaust not loud enough