Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Milwaukee Eight (M8) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8-198/)
-   -   SE Hi-Flow air cleaner, 4.5 Street Cannons, & Pro Street Tuner (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1189539-se-hi-flow-air-cleaner-4-5-street-cannons-and-pro-street-tuner.html)

rmzebo 07-26-2017 02:13 PM

don't waste the money on screamin eagle CRAP!!!! if its warranty your worried about then wait until your warranty is done and put quality mods on it. I wouldn't wast a penny on the screamin eagle overpriced stuff they offer. I'm talking about their new tuner , header and mufflers. For the same amount of money you can get high quality high add ons that will actually benefit your bike in performance and sound. Just sayin

rmzebo 07-26-2017 02:16 PM

their old race tuner was awesome in the right hands of a competent tuner

rmzebo 07-26-2017 02:21 PM

psyshack,
that's some funny shit man!!!! I laughed my ass off. Tell it like it is brother!!!

2017FLTRXS 07-28-2017 01:42 PM

The stage was has been performed an all I can say is the M8 with the stage one can breath and runs like a beast! No when it comes to sound it's not my 2013 FLHRC SE-Race tuner, Hi-Intake AC, V&H True Dual Slants, but it runs like a champ when you twist the throttle. This winter I'll put in the TQ cam and retune, and the year after I'll be de-catting the header, but for now it makes me smile.

texaswiz 08-08-2017 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by psyshack (Post 16466831)
Macrunner<br>
<br>
The day I got shafted they got a guy with a brand new Limited that shot the oil pump for what ever reason. I was going to take my bike home in boxs then the dealer stepped up. But the other guy told them to keep there junk. He financed his bike. Brought the contract and title back and told them to sue him as he rode off on his old Yamaha Roadliner that eats Vrods for dinner. <br>
<br>
And I maybe over looking it in the filings with our corrupt government. SEC filings and such. But I haven't seen where HD has written a check yet. And they got part of the so called fine dropped under the Trump administration. So the game is going to play out much like you stated. OK epa we at hd will suck you off and play poor poor us. And only sanction our over priced junk parts and give you voided warranty's because we build a lot of junk we have to warranty because we know our junk is only average to below average in reliability anyway. So we save money fixing our junk and covering up our lies. Because we turned minuets into hours on our development claims concerning the M8. So we suck you off and you suck us off and the customer is the pivot man. In four years we owe you nothing right??? RIGHT,,, ie the consent degree. RIGHT!!!!

<br>
Shack, are you off your meds again? Man you sound crazy as a bed bug.<br>

TriGeezer 08-09-2017 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by rmzebo (Post 16469502)
don't waste the money on screamin eagle CRAP!!!! if its warranty your worried about then wait until your warranty is done and put quality mods on it. I wouldn't wast a penny on the screamin eagle overpriced stuff they offer. I'm talking about their new tuner , header and mufflers. For the same amount of money you can get high quality high add ons that will actually benefit your bike in performance and sound. Just sayin

Yeah...whatever floats your boat.

fordhd2005 08-09-2017 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by 2017FLTRXS (Post 16465943)
I pulled the trigger today of having the HD stealership install the SE EPA approved stage one kit. :

Wondering why you call them a "stealership"? What did they steal from you? I often wonder why others use it too. I guess I've been lucky, I've been to dealerships all over the country (except the NE) and none of them stole anything from me...

psoff 08-09-2017 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by 2017FLTRXS (Post 16465943)
I pulled the trigger today of having the HD stealership install the SE EPA approved stage one kit. $932 (15% off Retail) for parts and 4 hours labor (2 hours parts & 2 hours dyno tune) brings the bill to $1272.00. Due to wanting to keep the warranty on the drivetrain of the new M8 and receiving a 1K gift card when I purchased the 2017 FLTRXS the EPA compliant stage one will have to work for 2 years. Next year will be the Torque cam stage II:icon_doh:

I find it hard to believe the dealer tuned your bike on the dyno for 2 hours. In fact I find it hard to believe they "tuned" it at all. The mods you put on are the std stage 1 which the dealers have a std map to upload to your bike. It's the same map for everyone that get the stage 1. I believe they probably did put it on the dyno and make a couple runs to give you some pretty numbers, but I would bet there was no adjusting of the map that was put into your bike. So 15-20 mins on the dyno is probably what truly happened.

thend 08-12-2017 04:58 AM

Dnyo on stage 1

The hd dealer told me that stage one, they would not dyno was a waste of money. They also said that HD was very strict on warranty when it came to using aftermarket upgrades. But it was still a dealer decision. The sell all brands of upgrades, use aftermarket to get the best results.

mjwebb 08-12-2017 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by thend (Post 16521882)
The hd dealer told me that stage one, they would not dyno was a waste of money.

translation: "we don't have enough experience and expertise to use the SEPST to its potential"

look at my chart on Page 1 to see what my dealership was able to do with dyno tuning my SE Stage 1 SEPST over just the Stage 1 ECM recalibration..and it's not just about the numbers..overall drivability is a big benefit of a proper tune..its running condition is optimized for efficiency and power..personally I'd much rather have the best tuned Stage 1 over a Stage II with just a canned map with the SEPST anyway