Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Milwaukee Eight (M8) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8-198/)
-   -   SE Hi-Flow air cleaner, 4.5 Street Cannons, & Pro Street Tuner (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1189539-se-hi-flow-air-cleaner-4-5-street-cannons-and-pro-street-tuner.html)

2017FLTRXS 07-25-2017 03:29 PM

SE Hi-Flow air cleaner, 4.5 Street Cannons, & Pro Street Tuner

I pulled the trigger today of having the HD stealership install the SE EPA approved stage one kit. $932 (15% off Retail) for parts and 4 hours labor (2 hours parts & 2 hours dyno tune) brings the bill to $1272.00. Due to wanting to keep the warranty on the drivetrain of the new M8 and receiving a 1K gift card when I purchased the 2017 FLTRXS the EPA compliant stage one will have to work for 2 years. Next year will be the Torque cam stage II:icon_doh:

mjwebb 07-25-2017 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 2017FLTRXS (Post 16465943)
I pulled the trigger today of having the HD stealership install the SE EPA approved stage one kit. $932 (15% off Retail) for parts and 4 hours labor (2 hours parts & 2 hours dyno tune) brings the bill to $1272.00. Due to wanting to keep the warranty on the drivetrain of the new M8 and receiving a 1K gift card when I purchased the 2017 FLTRXS the EPA compliant stage one will have to work for 2 years. Next year will be the Torque cam stage II:icon_doh:

you may like it so much you forego the Stage II..that's where I'm at with the identical configuration you have

Oldskewl 07-25-2017 03:48 PM

Otherwise known as 'The Tax"
The tax is term used for us guys that want some performance out of our glorified tractors and are willing to pay for these so called 'stages" and 'upgrades". Its a damn racket. HD could easily make a 100BHP engine if it wanted to but us dummies are always willing to upgrade.

Its a damn game, and we're all suckered into it.

mjwebb 07-25-2017 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Oldskewl (Post 16466000)
Otherwise known as 'The Tax"
The tax is term used for us guys that want some performance out of our glorified tractors and are willing to pay for these so called 'stages" and 'upgrades". Its a damn racket. HD could easily make a 100BHP engine if it wanted to but us dummies are always willing to upgrade.

Its a damn game, and we're all suckered into it.

it is what it is and always has been, nothing new going on here..it's the only way they can continue to survive so continued griping adds nothing here

Keithhu 07-25-2017 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by mjwebb (Post 16465995)
you may like it so much you forego the Stage II..that's where I'm at with the identical configuration you have

Man, that is a helluva eye test. Is that about 105 TQ?

mjwebb 07-25-2017 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Keithhu (Post 16466032)
Man, that is a helluva eye test. Is that about 105 TQ?

little over, and in the right spot..it's a dream machine to ride

Keithhu 07-25-2017 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by mjwebb (Post 16466037)
little over, and in the right spot..it's a dream machine to ride

Looks good bro, ride safe.

Macrunner 07-25-2017 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by mjwebb (Post 16466019)
it is what it is and always has been, nothing new going on here..it's the only way they can continue to survive so continued griping adds nothing here

Ok I have to disagree with you on this one. It ISN'T what it is. HD even more so this year is taking advantage of the EPA agreement forcing customers to buy their SE kits. They made an early example of Pyshack, an example that is know around the world. And before you say they were forced... don't think HD's lawyers weren't excited when they made the deal of voiding warranties for failure to comply. As the previous poster stated, it's a racket.

Macrunner 07-25-2017 04:22 PM

While you've got my blood pressure up I'll even say they've scared their customers so much, they are buying HD oil and HD filters they are so worried about losing their warranties. If you can't and don't call that a racket, you are blind. Sorry for being blunt, but that is what it is.

mjwebb 07-25-2017 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Macrunner (Post 16466092)
While you've got my blood pressure up I'll even say they've scared their customers so much, they are buying HD oil and HD filters they are so worried about losing their warranties. If you can't and don't call that a racket, you are blind. Sorry for being blunt, but that is what it is.

I was simply referring to anemic powered stock bikes overall and needing to spend money to give them a boost..nothing more nothing less..it really is what it is..we have choices, don't like don't buy..no shortage of better 'value' motorcycles on the planet..it really is that simple. Harley riders should spend less time fretting and griping and more time riding than being so fickle about what oil to use and such anyway.. back OT to the OP..you got a great deal on your Stage 1 and hope you enjoy the Hell out of it!