So what's coming up for 2019

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 06:02 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Originally Posted by jgos929
Thread fail
You're getting good at this "thread fail" thing. Do another.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:16 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
A steaming pile of dog **** would be an improvement over the 18's. I'm sure the powers that be at the MoCo can come through.
So I am not the only one that thinks that HD really f-ed the 18's up. Even the colors on the touring models isn't attractive.

The following users liked this post:
Greezey Rider (06-24-2018)
Old 08-23-2017, 06:50 AM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,309 Likes on 1,336 Posts

LED lighting across all touring models. Its already set for the Softtails so its bound to be on the touring next. plus that "299 accessory" for having wireless headsets will probably be stock. very disappointed it states 6.5 units only, very odd too.

still waiting on a full counter balanced bike with fairing, what I would pay for a real fairing

Old 08-23-2017, 07:03 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

The Executives at the MoCo look like they are trying to kill the company.

My 2009 CVO Road Glide keeps getting better and better each year, compared to what the MoCo is doing!!!

YB

Old 08-23-2017, 07:20 AM
2017SGSpeeecial
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A steaming pile of dog **** would be an improvement over the 18's. I'm sure the powers that be at the MoCo can come through.
I mean I have to ask, what is so disappointing to you? They ended a line of bikes you don’t ride? You don’t like the colors? You were expecting new technology? Just curious. Not picking on you, you’re just the first post I clicked that shares this opinion.

Eccool (12-03-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 07:43 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Same bullsh!t, different year would be my guess!

Old 08-23-2017, 07:56 AM
MarantzManiac
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

prices up 11% on the street glides.... yeah that will help 18 sales... the 17s are already sold to dealers and accounted for... touring line sales numbers are going tank

Old 08-23-2017, 08:16 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Heard the '19s run hot....

Old 08-23-2017, 08:17 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Originally Posted by 2017SGSpeeecial
I mean I have to ask, what is so disappointing to you? They ended a line of bikes you don’t ride? You don’t like the colors? You were expecting new technology? Just curious. Not picking on you, you’re just the first post I clicked that shares this opinion.
I have a TC Softail and a M8 tourer. Like every year if I'm tempted I'll go trade or buy one outright. To watch the Dyna line be raped and impregnated with a hybrid makes me sick at my stomach. Now I really like the two special models SGS and RGS (I do wish they had a chrome option though) but I really like them doing those models up. Don't get me started on the CVO RG and SG. That is the worst paint I've ever seen and for them both to share colors is embarrassment. MoCo executives must have really tried to pinch pennies there, and to raise the price $2k over last years CVO SG, ha!

I always keep at least one model for a change up to go along with my touring bike. I look back and remember riding my Low Rider, Wide Glide and then in 90 I just had to have that new great model, Fatboy! This means that basically for me an option for a second or third bike is gone, when looking new. Just thinking about the words Softail Low Rider brings to mind a pee soaked mattress in a homeless shelter, sickening!

dyna rider (08-17-2018)
Old 08-23-2017, 08:28 AM
2017SGSpeeecial
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a TC Softail and a M8 tourer. Like every year if I'm tempted I'll go trade or buy one outright. To watch the Dyna line be raped and impregnated with a hybrid makes me sick at my stomach. Now I really like the two special models SGS and RGS (I do wish they had a chrome option though) but I really like them doing those models up. Don't get me started on the CVO RG and SG. That is the worst paint I've ever seen and for them both to share colors is embarrassment. MoCo executives must have really tried to pinch pennies there, and to raise the price $2k over last years CVO SG, ha!

I always keep at least one model for a change up to go along with my touring bike. I look back and remember riding my Low Rider, Wide Glide and then in 90 I just had to have that new great model, Fatboy! This means that basically for me an option for a second or third bike is gone, when looking new. Just thinking about the words Softail Low Rider brings to mind a pee soaked mattress in a homeless shelter, sickening!
I can appreciate that! Thanks for explaining that out. I rode a Wide Glide before getting my SGS. Do you see a decrease in performance by altering the DYNA line or is it more of a purist thing? I admittedly have not been around Harley Culture for long, but if this forum has taught me anything, for every guy that wants new tech there is one that doesn’t. I can see where the pennies are being pinched, no variation in color over the CVO line is a money saving technique. I also don’t like how the price is increased just to dark out the bike. That makes no sense to me. I guess for guys that are budget conscious, you can save some money by getting the chrome SG and add the 6.5 and ABS...

Quick Reply: So what's coming up for 2019