Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Buy the street Glide special fender valence

Old 10-01-2017, 09:52 PM
UltraZac
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJockey
This is what I did with my RK......... Bought it color matched from HD and paid the boys at the dealership to drill the fender and install it. That way, if the fender got jacked up or holes weren't drilled in quite the right spot, it was on them. I really like the way it turned out.....
Did that on my 2012. Got the Road King light bar. Not into drilling holes in my fender.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:32 AM
mskirwin
Club Member
Received 1,449 Likes on 1,085 Posts

I bought the cds took 15 minutes to install both sides. Yes, there are wire taps to install under the seat. The lights work great and cagers stay back. Love them. Harley and CDS I belive are the same price $249. If I recall correctly.

I saw a pair on line brand new $200 pls shipping about 2 weeks ago. I sure they sold by now. Good luck,

Old 10-02-2017, 07:37 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

custom dynamics here......not to say HD ones aren't good, but I'm diehard CD!! My dealer has them all on the counter and I had them installed before I pulled off after purchase. It's also plug and play. For all other lights I did use HD....changed the brake light to clear/smoke and all the TP lights to clear/smoke. I did change the front fender light using Custom Dynamics tho....clear

My tour pak brake lights "modulate" or flash.....that's Custom Dynamics too and the dealer put that on too. Plug and play

Old 10-02-2017, 09:02 AM
mastergunnera8
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 102 Posts

7 hour ride last weekend behind folks that had both the CD and HD; The HD are not bright at all, especially during the day...the dim trim lighting is cool at night, but again not very bright, with brakes applied, still not very bright. one plus is with brakes on, they match the tour pack light if you have that...also, the HD lenses are smoked only, no red.

the CED, bright enough to see during the day, really bright at night...much much better. They dont really match the tour pack lights, but the brightness is the normal CD great..The hook up is not as clean as the HD, but still no splicing...its an intermediate plug that has posi-taps already there..just stick the wire ends in and tighten down...oh, theres the lifetime warranty thing too..(HD one year!!)..I have the info from someplace that sells these for under 200..somewhere...lol

Also been looking at the CIRO, havent seen them in person, the bottom flare type thing might look wierd...IF I was buying right now, would not do the HD, just not bright enough...just my .02

I am actually thinking about installing the color matched filler panels (yes, they make bolt on color matched ones) and doing the CD plasma rods..

One of the guys had the Bright A$$ BAL 2 taillight..wow...

Last edited by mastergunnera8; 10-02-2017 at 09:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jp814 (10-16-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,790 Likes on 18,560 Posts

Yep ... The BAL is definitely a "waker upper" to those following you ... I like mine.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:00 AM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

the Ciro light kit kind of gives it a fuller look. Not as close as having a true wider rear fender but it's good enough for me.

Attached Thumbnails Hate the Gaping Holes between Saddlebags-2017-07-02-10.09.59-1.jpg  
Old 10-02-2017, 02:30 PM
snafu
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mastergunnera8
They dont really match the tour pack lights, but the brightness is the normal CD great..The hook up is not as clean as the HD, but still no splicing...its an intermediate plug that has posi-taps already there..just stick the wire ends in and tighten down...oh, theres the lifetime warranty thing too..(HD one year!!)..I have the info from someplace that sells these for under 200..somewhere...lol

One of the guys had the Bright A$$ BAL 2 taillight..wow...

The CD FillerZ are plug and play for '17 and up - no posi-taps or splicing. They plug right into the harness, and take less than 15 minutes to install. You can find them for $199 on the CD website.

I also have a BAL-1, which strobes at a different frequency than the CD tour pack modulator and the *** end of the bike looks like a carnival when the brakes are applied.

The brightness does vary between the CDs, BAL-1 and the HD tour pack lighting, but IMO, the objective is to be seen while braking and stopped.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:39 PM
Waterman1
Cruiser
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZac
I think I made up my mind. I'm going to go with the HD ones. Just have to get over the sticker shock.
Check these guys out.

https://www.shoputahharley.com/produ...YaAmiyEALw_wcB

Old 10-02-2017, 02:47 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 525 Likes on 364 Posts

Those holes are for those that want to put saddlebag guards.

Quick Reply: Hate the Gaping Holes between Saddlebags