Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 2 Done - All SE parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 04:46 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Stage 1 was ok, butt dyno was not much change from stock, the Street cannons add a little sound but not much more than stock,

Old 12-18-2018, 04:49 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by teedoff65
I have to ask.....why cripple the bike with the SEPT tuner when you've already installed warranty killing headers? With a better tuner, you can probably get much better performance out of it.

My dealer is pretty good, basically said as long as its not the cause of any issues there would be no problem, HD is more concerned with tuners, so i got the SEPST and added the Smart tune pro module that comes with the wideband o2 sensors and it works very well

Old 12-20-2018, 08:11 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,477 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by Robtarra39
My dealer is pretty good, basically said as long as its not the cause of any issues there would be no problem, HD is more concerned with tuners, so i got the SEPST and added the Smart tune pro module that comes with the wideband o2 sensors and it works very well
Well I'm glad your dealer will take care of you. Others may not. But its not true to say MOCO is more concerned with tuners. The warranty says ANY non EPA compliant part will void your warranty. Headers with no catalytic converters are just that. Just be informed truthfully, not what dealers tickle your ears with to sell parts.

Old 12-20-2018, 09:21 AM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

Well I'm glad your dealer will take care of you. Others may not. But its not true to say MOCO is more concerned with tuners. The warranty says ANY non EPA compliant part will void your warranty. Headers with no catalytic converters are just that. Just be informed truthfully, not what dealers tickle your ears with to sell parts.
teedoff, I wholehearted agreed with your first statement regarding the SEPST holding back some of his performance since he had changed the header but one thing we both perhaps overlooked was the poster is from Canada and I'm not sure if the same EPA limitations that we are subject to apply to Canadian motorcycles.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:41 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,477 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by Xcrossbow
teedoff, I wholehearted agreed with your first statement regarding the SEPST holding back some of his performance since he had changed the header but one thing we both perhaps overlooked was the poster is from Canada and I'm not sure if the same EPA limitations that we are subject to apply to Canadian motorcycles.
ahh you're correct. Didnt see that he is from Canada.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:50 AM
Ultra 99
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I highly doubt that HD makes any exceptions or goes out of their way to do anything different for Canadians in that regard. The market is way too small to justify. They would only do so if the Canadian regulations were stricter, which I doubt they are.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:38 AM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior

We have 2 dealers in my area and both have an exchange program for stock headers, give them your stock one and they provide a decatted header for 250.00 plus install

I would be concerned if i were to break down out of province or state side, but then i would make arrangements to bring my bike to my local dealer

Old 12-22-2018, 10:52 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 602 Likes on 416 Posts

I’m not convinced dealers are motivated to get their customer’s bike black-balled by the MOCO for some insignificant technical reason...such as reporting perfectly good running bikes for having aftermarket exhaust....or hooking up a bike, in for service, to the MOCO for their perusal of the bike’s ECM to see if it has been changed by something non-HD/EPA approved has been used.
Bob

Old 12-22-2018, 12:01 PM
Down South
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,126 Likes on 1,531 Posts

Looks and sounds great. I'm envious.

Originally Posted by abadley
I need to add $1300 more to the deal if I want stage II done before delivery. Thinking I'm going to hold off and do it later. Maybe at the 1000 mile service.
^^^^ that's what I plan to do as well.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:49 PM
edmroadglide
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I am also in Canada and i wondered about that, if you read the terms of the warranty it always mentions US and not North America or any other wording just US? I may have missed something though.

Quick Reply: Stage 2 Done - All SE parts