Sponsored by:

Milwaukee Eight 107 cam testing

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 06:39 PM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
As an alternative to our current higher compression M8 124 kit we also have 10.8 compression pistons for the 4.5" stroke M8 engines in the same 4.180" bore, we will be testing this setup with some of the milder bolt in cams in our 18 Softail when we are finished with our cam testing. I would expect with the mild 124" with the 222 cam to make in the 125Hp/135Tq range.
Sounds great, thank you!

Old 02-23-2018, 10:45 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Sadly it's another 20 months till I might take advantage of this work.
I may not though I might still be happy with my little rig.

Old 02-24-2018, 12:34 AM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

As an alternative to our current higher compression M8 124 kit we also have 10.8 compression pistons for the 4.5" stroke M8 engines in the same 4.180" bore, we will be testing this setup with some of the milder bolt in cams in our 18 Softail when we are finished with our cam testing. I would expect with the mild 124" with the 222 cam to make in the 125Hp/135Tq range.
Jamie, do you guys warranty the 124 M8 kits that I can purchase. I'm considering trading my 12 TC and getting a M8 and purchasing a kit from you guys. The alternative I'm considering is to just keep the 12 and do a S&S 124 crate motor swap. I saw a really nice looking dyno sheet posted by Harley Tuner today for a TC low compression (10.2) S&S crate 124 motor. It made 138/145. I saw on the S&S website that they give a 2 year warranty on the 124 crate motor. It looks like you expect a little less HP/TQ with your low compression M8 124 kit 125/135, but I was wondering about whether there was any sort of warranty with the kit purchased from you guys. I also looked at your website and found a sheet for a 124 M8 big bore with the WM8-408 cam that made 137/143. What is the compression on that build? Is that the higher compression M8 124 kit you offer? I want to compare that one to the higher compression 10.8 TC crate motor offering from S&S.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:56 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by oleboy
Jamie, do you guys warranty the 124 M8 kits that I can purchase. I'm considering trading my 12 TC and getting a M8 and purchasing a kit from you guys. The alternative I'm considering is to just keep the 12 and do a S&S 124 crate motor swap. I saw a really nice looking dyno sheet posted by Harley Tuner today for a TC low compression (10.2) S&S crate 124 motor. It made 138/145. I saw on the S&S website that they give a 2 year warranty on the 124 crate motor. It looks like you expect a little less HP/TQ with your low compression M8 124 kit 125/135, but I was wondering about whether there was any sort of warranty with the kit purchased from you guys. I also looked at your website and found a sheet for a 124 M8 big bore with the WM8-408 cam that made 137/143. What is the compression on that build? Is that the higher compression M8 124 kit you offer? I want to compare that one to the higher compression 10.8 TC crate motor offering from S&S.
I’m thinking since you posted this......

“Check out the Dyno Room (Dyno Sheets). Harley Tuner posted a really nice S&S 124 LC crate motor dyno sheet over there today. You could probably be into that on an older TC for a whole lot less $ than an M8 is going to cost you. You'd get a 2 year S&S warranty on the motor, you can use any pipe and tuner you like, you wouldn't have to deal with any potential sumping/ transfer issues or deal with the HD flunkies and the warranty issues.”

.........In another thread, you’re probably just trolling and continuing your usual anti M8 crap. I wouldn’t waste your time responding to this M8 wannabe Jamie.....

The following users liked this post:
Gordon61 (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 02:29 AM
oleboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by davewear

“Check out the Dyno Room (Dyno Sheets). Harley Tuner posted a really nice S&S 124 LC crate motor dyno sheet over there today. You could probably be into that on an older TC for a whole lot less $ than an M8 is going to cost you. You'd get a 2 year S&S warranty on the motor, you can use any pipe and tuner you like, you wouldn't have to deal with any potential sumping/ transfer issues or deal with the HD flunkies and the warranty issues.”

.........In another thread, you’re probably just trolling and continuing your usual anti M8 crap. I wouldn’t waste your time responding to this M8 wannabe Jamie.....
How about you mind your own business and give Jamie an opportunity to answer my questions. I want his opinion, not yours.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:06 AM
oleboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by davewear

I was just comparing sheets and options. Seems like the TC is still getting it done with decent numbers and a S&S two year warranty on the motor. It's an option for us folks that don't want to take the hosing you did on the trade. What's your issue with that?

Old 03-01-2018, 10:27 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,476 Likes on 1,062 Posts

Jamie, or anyone else that might weigh in.

Getting ready to purchase the cam/exhaust upgrade from FM.

Wondering if I should go ahead and replace the oil pump at the same time. I think its not worth it, especially since the newest model hasn't seemed to fix any sumping issues.

Mine isnt sumping, but someone recommended doing it. I really dont see any advantage to it yet.

Any thoughts?

Old 03-01-2018, 11:01 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by oleboy
I was just comparing sheets and options. Seems like the TC is still getting it done with decent numbers and a S&S two year warranty on the motor. It's an option for us folks that don't want to take the hosing you did on the trade. What's your issue with that?
This is a thread about camshaft testing and sharing information on Milwaukee Eight engines, if you have any questions on our kits, components, or how they compare with twin cam engines you are welcome to contact us at 920-423-3309.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
not_so_newb (03-03-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 11:02 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Jamie, or anyone else that might weigh in.

Getting ready to purchase the cam/exhaust upgrade from FM.

Wondering if I should go ahead and replace the oil pump at the same time. I think its not worth it, especially since the newest model hasn't seemed to fix any sumping issues.

Mine isnt sumping, but someone recommended doing it. I really dont see any advantage to it yet.

Any thoughts?
My recommendation is to disassemble & inspect the oil pump, if have not been having any issues go ahead and use it.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:55 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,476 Likes on 1,062 Posts

My recommendation is to disassemble & inspect the oil pump, if have not been having any issues go ahead and use it.
Thanks. That sounds like a good idea.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee Eight 107 cam testing